Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BasilFawlty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
New Mexico
I just started getting this error in my mail program any time I receive an email from anyone (not when I send an email). When I receive an email to my inbox in "Mail" I also get a second email with subject "Internet Mail Delivery", which also has an attachment titled "Mail Attachment." It says:

Processing error occurred during delivery:

Recipient address: XXXXXXXXX@me.com
Reason: Error in sieve filter: Notify mailto: recipient is not a valid address.

The attachment has a bunch of gobbeldy gook I don't understand (header information I think).

My ISP is Comcast. I don'[t[ know if this is an icloud issue, or a Comcast issue? Anyone have any experience with this type of thing?

UPDATE: I also see this in the Internet Mail Delivery email: Reporting-MTA: dns;ms03531.mac.com (tcp_intranet-daemon) Maybe that's a clue?

SF-MAC-USER

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2013
having the same issue, starting late last night

It is happening on both my me.com emails as well as my mac.com emails (I thought perhaps they discontinues the mac.com suffix but that doesn't seem to be the issue).

Getting email from people but an extra email from "postmaster@mac.com" each time.

hope to hear why

BasilFawlty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
New Mexico
I just got off phone with senior Apple support. They have submitted the issue to Engineering and (with my permission) put my account in Trouble Shooting mode. It sounds like its one of their survers having issues. Will post more when I know more.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I just got off phone with senior Apple support. They have submitted the issue to Engineering and (with my permission) put my account in Trouble Shooting mode. It sounds like its one of their survers having issues. Will post more when I know more.

Article here on this problem.

musser

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2004
same thing

My experience is consistent with what others are reporting. There's a long string on this on Apple's support page on this matter. It's particularly annoying trying to conduct business with this going on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.