Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rMBP13

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
I'm still puzzled until now as to why Apple doesn't even have their official FB page? Is it because they are worried about all of the trolls that may be spamming their official page? Just like what happened to Samsung's official page a while back?
Samsung-Facebook-page-what-phone.png

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Apple gets so much free publicity what the heck do the need a cheesy Facebook page for? Apple on Facebook really?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
The problem with company Facebook pages is that people end up using them for customer support and complaints. Not to mention that they become a haven for spam bots to litter. I think it's in Apple's best interest that they don't bother with it, simply because it creates an extra job that is not necessary.

They have official pages for iTunes and the App Stores anyway.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
They don't need one. They barely ever make announcements, and they are popular enough as it is.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Yeah, and another thing. People go on them to get SOMETHING. They don't want to waste their time posting unless they get a freebie out of it. There are more LIKES than interactions on those pages.

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
A lot of big companys dont feel the need to have a official facebook page or other social media stuff, guess they know word of mouth works just great.

----------

What? Name a more active social network... don't worry, I'll wait.

Other than twitter are any other social networks relevant ? In my eyes facebook is the social network :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.