Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lloyd709

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
A while back I moved my hard disk from my 2008 Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard to a Feb 2011 MacBook Pro. It all worked perfectly except that occasionally when I tried to close a window by clicking on the red close button on the top left nothing would happen and I had to move the window slightly and then it would work!! I thought it must be a problem with the computer as it was the only issue I had with moving my hard disk from one computer to another. It din't bother me that much so I ignored it.

Anyway, I've recently move my hard disk again to to an Oct 2011 17 inch Macbook pro and I've got exactly the same problem which leads me to believe that it's not the computer but some bug with SnowLeopard running on these machines. The Feb 2011 MacBook Pro originally shipped with Snow Leopard so there is no excuse for that one to be an incompatible computer.

Anyone else had this problem and have any ideas about it. As I said, it's not a major problem but just something that I keep wondering about (too much time on my hands!!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.