Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Mar 8, 2013, 09:04 AM   #1
Iphull
macrumors member

IPT synced with another iTunes library...include apps?

I received the message that the iPod touch is synced with another iTunes library. If I choose to erase and sync with the existing library, will this include the apps (of which "sync" is unselected)?

I really only need to add a few more songs and albums to my iPod touch that were purchased with my iPhone. If it replaces the entire music library with the most updated one, its no big deal; same desired results. But I'm afraid of losing my apps, which are outdated (I enjoy playing for retro's sake) and some even discontinued.

I have copied all the files from my old computer on to a portable drive, which is hooked up to this computer. So if that's the best way to go, where can I copy the files so they'd be "visible" to the iPod?

Thanks!

Edit: I'm backing up my iPod. Maybe then I can sync the music file after it's "established a home" on my new computer. I'll keep you updated (though 64gb might take a while)...

Edit: never mind. It worked. You can delete this thread. Sorry.

Last edited by Iphull; Mar 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Update
Iphull is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch