Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Whoa this looks pretty sick. Have any of you seem this? It was originally a concept and the dev behind CallBar is almost done creating this. I don't care so much about seeing a snapshot of running apps because that doesn't give me anything extra useful. If I'm multitasking then I'm just switching between apps so I don't actually care what the snapshot is. For me personally, that doesn't add any extra usefulness. But this upcoming package looks really sweet. I love how the toggles are integrated on the lockscreen. Hopefully he'll add a kill switch for the huge multitasking snapshots and it would be even better if he adds a way to access all the toggles on the Notifcation center instead of the task switcher. But either way this has a ton of potential. What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xP91i-bsgc

SHADO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Beach
Cool concept, but it looks like it would use an unnecessary amount of resources, especially when NCSettings is so much simpler. Personally I don't use Auxo because I don't really care what the running apps look like, and SwipeAway does the kill all feature more elegantly.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Cool concept, but it looks like it would use an unnecessary amount of resources, especially when NCSettings is so much simpler. Personally I don't use Auxo because I don't really care what the running apps look like, and SwipeAway does the kill all feature more elegantly.

Resources are my concern too. And NCSettings is a perfect solution right now but the dev has stopped development. So unless someone picks up that project, at some point we'll have to find an alternative. Either way, I agree. This looks really cool. Ill keep my eye on this tweak for sure. Very interesting.

Kaiser99

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
Resources are my concern too. And NCSettings is a perfect solution right now but the dev has stopped development. So unless someone picks up that project, at some point we'll have to find an alternative. Either way, I agree. This looks really cool. Ill keep my eye on this tweak for sure. Very interesting.

Not quite he has said now on twitter when he has time he may do more developing for ncssettings but its just a hobby not his job. I think the statement we all saw was after a lot of stress getting the tweak back up and running probably 1000's of tweets and abuse, I'm hoping he will anyway

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Not quite he has said now on twitter when he has time he may do more developing for ncssettings but its just a hobby not his job. I think the statement we all saw was after a lot of stress getting the tweak back up and running probably 1000's of tweets and abuse, I'm hoping he will anyway

That was my initial assumption too. He had run into issues with the new LTE toggle and carrier bundles and the new limitations out in place by the carriers in regards to edge and 3G, and he got thousands of tweets and emails as a result. He's a one man show and I know that kind of pressure would stress me out like crazy lol. Hopefully he can update it in his spare time at least. He has created arguably the most popular Cydia package. That's pretty dam impressive!

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
That was my initial assumption too. He had run into issues with the new LTE toggle and carrier bundles and the new limitations out in place by the carriers in regards to edge and 3G, and he got thousands of tweets and emails as a result. He's a one man show and I know that kind of pressure would stress me out like crazy lol. Hopefully he can update it in his spare time at least. He has created arguably the most popular Cydia package. That's pretty dam impressive!

winterboard doesn't exist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.