Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hayleywow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
UK
Hi Guys,

I'd like to make a website, which will include a blog etc... I understand you used to be able to use iWeb, but are there any other good ones at the moment for creating a webpage??

Any help gratefully received

Hay x

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
In orden of simplicity....

from first to last, IMHO, iWeb, Freeway, RapidWeaver and Dreamweaver.....Main concern with iWeb is the absence of upgrades. Dreamweaver is very powerful, but can be daunting and definetly overkill to do some basic Web site.

:):apple:

mactumors

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2008
iWeb seems pretty dead to me. If you're not a web developer and you want a website then I would look at Squarespace, WordPress, or Drupal Gardens.

Each will let you edit your website in the browser or some through an iOS app. They start at free, you can use your own domain name, customize your website with a WYSIWYG editor or edit the code if you know how.

Consumer desktop applications for web design kinda suck. Not because it's not nice software, but because it lets amateurs do things that they really shouldn't be.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Rapidweaver, Espresso2, Coda2 or Dreamweaver. Will all do the job. Just depends on what you want to spend and how long it will take you to learn.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.