Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powers74

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
At the bend in the river
Is it just me, or is iTunes 11 a steaming pile of ****aki mushrooms? I just downloaded three albums and the first track is not showing up among other things. It's come to a grinding pinwheeling halt probably a dozen times since the upgrade, and now it's not recognizing my iPhone4. I really like the new layout and all, but it just seems unusually buggy. Oh, right and it seems like lots of tracks are strangely out of order. It's almost enough to make me go looking for alternatives that everyone says are so great. Thoughts?

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Is it just me, or is iTunes 11 a steaming pile of ****aki mushrooms? I just downloaded three albums and the first track is not showing up among other things. It's come to a grinding pinwheeling halt probably a dozen times since the upgrade, and now it's not recognizing my iPhone4. I really like the new layout and all, but it just seems unusually buggy. Oh, right and it seems like lots of tracks are strangely out of order. It's almost enough to make me go looking for alternatives that everyone says are so great. Thoughts?

It's just you. I don't think iTunes 11 is incredable by any means but it works fine for me and I've never had the issues you speak of. I am an iTunes power user. I have over 5000 full albums (65000 songs) and use iTunes over AirPlay streaming to my audio system almost everyday and for the most part it has been trouble free. If your songs are in the wrong order most likely you have the wrong information behind the scenes in the file. If you're missing the first track it may have gone elsewhere in iTunes because of wrong information or it just wasn't downloaded. Granted iTunes 11 is not perfect but it is not junk either. Usually issues like you speak of are from user error. Trust me I've had my share of issues usually caused by me.

powers74

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
At the bend in the river
It's just you. ... I've had my share of issues usually caused by me.

Interesting. Well it just seems weird and it happened all-of-a-sudden without any changes on my part. And why would three albums in a row all download missing the first track? I realize most of my library is jacked up because it's mostly burned CDs and all, but 10.XX was a little better about the way it presented them. And not wanting to recognize my phone out of the blue. Well whatever. I guess it'll fix itself.

Daddogus

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2013
I have the same problem. I can rip from a CD but, although I get the rest of the album, the first track often cuts out after about a minute. From Track 2 it's always OK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.