Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Mar 10, 2013, 01:02 PM   #1
Dor Levy
macrumors member

Send a message via ICQ to Dor Levy Send a message via Skype™ to Dor Levy
Long delivery because of Fusion Drive?

Hi

Ive been contacting my local Apple reseller in Israel about the new 27". They told me that the delivery time is 2 months due to the shipment and etc (30 days) and another 30 days for get a Fusion Drive.

Is that true? Is there a problem with the Fusion Drive production line that keeps it low?

Thanks
Dor Levy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2013, 02:43 PM   #2
mushroomtip
macrumors 6502

That Does not sound right to me , but what do I know ? if that is the case , maybe you can have your order go to a relative in the states and have them ship it to you .
Old Mar 10, 2013, 05:31 PM   #3
Dor Levy
macrumors member

Send a message via ICQ to Dor Levy Send a message via Skype™ to Dor Levy
The custom here are harsh. You need to pay a lot of fees and headache. There are no problems in the supply of the iMac 27" with Fusion Drive?
Dor Levy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:00 PM   #4
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dor Levy View Post
The custom here are harsh. You need to pay a lot of fees and headache. There are no problems in the supply of the iMac 27" with Fusion Drive?
no its just that you're customizing it to your liking, I'm sure if you order Base Model, it would ship much, much faster!
WhiteIphone5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:18 PM   #5
Raima
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Hi

Ive been contacting my local Apple reseller in Israel about the new 27". They told me that the delivery time is 2 months due to the shipment and etc (30 days) and another 30 days for get a Fusion Drive.

Is that true? Is there a problem with the Fusion Drive production line that keeps it low?

Thanks
Check the apple store online to see how long it takes to ship your iMac if you ordered it online.

I just checked the Australian store, and since my purchase on the 28th Feb, the times have dropped from 3-4 weeks, to 7-10 business days to 5 - 7 business days.

The waiting times should be dropping. I'd investigate further and query your reseller for their unusual response.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:28 PM   #6
yukon8170
macrumors member

I ordered a 27" iMac today, with 3.2Ghz i5, 3TB Fusion Drive and 8GB of RAM from MacMall. They even called me and said it was out of stock, but this was a bait and switch act of them trying to sell me more stuff (external drive, apple care, etc). Anyway, finally I got the guy to understand I didn't want anything else and he said it was in stock and shipping tomorrow. Can't wait!

yukon8170 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2013, 05:53 AM   #7
Illyamac
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Hi

Thanks
Seems to be a real problem. I am waiting since 30 November on my 3TB fusion IMAC and my APR has no clue when the 3TB's will arrive. He has got a few 1TB fusion but no 3Tb's.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac