Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bearcatrp

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2008
Boon Docks USA
I'll ad here instead of the other forum. Not the fastest but still get allot of wu's done. As for heat, turn up the fans a bit and watch your temps. Keep them under 60c. Later on, you can swap those processors out for some bigger ones. My 2.93's are doing just fine crunching.

ABCDEF-Hex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 15, 2013
NC
Thanks Bearcatrp

My son is the hardware guy and I'm the software guy. Unfortunately he is in Illinois and I'm in NC. I have done small replacements when I had a tower but nothing else until I had to replace a HD in my iMac. It was pretty nuts & bolts except for removing the glass & screen. It's 6 years old and out of Apple Care so I took a chance. Had to wait a few days for a data cable extension. We are not close to anything out here. Thanks Again!

Louis Wu

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2011
Toronto
My son is the hardware guy and I'm the software guy. Unfortunately he is in Illinois and I'm in NC. I have done small replacements when I had a tower but nothing else until I had to replace a HD in my iMac. It was pretty nuts & bolts except for removing the glass & screen. It's 6 years old and out of Apple Care so I took a chance. Had to wait a few days for a data cable extension. We are not close to anything out here. Thanks Again!

I'f you've done an iMac HDD replacement then the processors on a Mac Pro will be no problem! (except for the cost, of course! :))

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.