Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mark D

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
I was an idiot and dropped the month-old iPod Touch. On a sidewalk. It works perfectly but has 3 little chunks out of the bottom left corner and creates a sharp edge and some other scuff marks on the side. I was planning to keep this until it was obsolete but unfortunately, this basically guarantees I will upgrade to the next one because it annoys the hell out of me. Also if I don't think about how I hold it the rough edge may rub against my hand.

So right now I want to go ahead and get as much as I can for it while it's still the latest model, and I suppose continue using my 4th gen until the line is updated. And get a case the next time. If I know that I'm going to want to sell it does it make sense to do it now? And how much value do you think it will lose with the "damage"? It's only noticeable within a few feet away and like I said, has no affect whatsoever on operation or functionality.

----------

A poor quality photo from the 4th generation's camera but you can see what the worst spot looks like:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.