Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lanno85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
hi! i'm a newbie. hope i'm welcome here. former windows user. now a proud owner of mbp retina 13. very nice display. but recently i noticed that whenever i open my yahoo mail in chrome and if i scroll up and down there is this blue horizontal lines appearing on the screen. i will attach the screenshot so you will know what i mean. anyway i noticed that the line doesn't show on other websites only in yahoomail and even when i'm browsing on safari webkit with same yahoo mail opened. plus if i zoom-in/out(+/-1) the page, the lines disappear and doesn't show up anymore. i think it only shows on certain zoom percentage at least for now. i still have time to return this and exchange for a new one. i'm just worried what is causing this, that it may get worse. but if this is just a bug or minor issue i think i can deal with it. anyone here experienced the same issue as mine? thanks in advance.

8549282786_f39fb4b4cf.jpg

lanno85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
anyone please? is this a common issue with mac computers? should i be worried? should i return and get a new one?

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I think that's normal. I have that issue with Gmail as well. Not blue lines, but other artifacts. I imagine Apple will release a sort of fix for it.

lanno85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
I think that's normal. I have that issue with Gmail as well. Not blue lines, but other artifacts. I imagine Apple will release a sort of fix for it.

ok sir thanks much. i really hope it is just a minor issue. i never wanted to return this cause after reading a lot about image retention on rmbp i think i'm lucky enough not to experience such only the scrolling lag but webkit fixed it. i just hope they can fix scroll lag in chrome.

btw, do you know how to fix yahoo mail in safari? i mean when i use safari(webkit or not) for yahoomail and if i compose an email my contacts doesn't automatically appear when i enter the recipients address. i can't figure it out why. which is also one of the reasons why i still prefer using chrome.thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.