Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luminosity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Arizona
For as long as I can remember, I've had no trouble uploading large batches of photos at once to both Facebook and flickr. I'm pretty prolific and upload significant numbers of photos at once on a regular basis, particularly to Flickr (not so much to Facebook, with occasional exceptions).

I'm suddenly unable to get batches of larger than about three photos or so to publish successfully. The photos upload to flickr, but refuse to publish. The upload just hangs. On Facebook, most of the photos will upload, but there will always be one or a few that don't finish uploading completely and effectively time out, thereby ruining the overall upload.

Perhaps most curiously, my Dropbox uploading seems unaffected. I don't know how to explain any of this. I just know that I need to get it fixed asap. I don't know if it's a hardware problem, a software problem or something to do with the internet connection. I've tried everything I can think of, and I have access to both a MacBook Pro that's up to date with software updates and an iMac with the same thing. I've tried bypassing my router, using different browsers and so on. It all comes to the same end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.