Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
Does anyone know if there is a tweak to lower the notifications that show up on the lockscreen? I would like to lower them below the clock on my lockscreen theme (screenshot gives a good indication of what I mean).

Attachments

• Photo Mar 11, 11 14 44 AM.png
    Photo Mar 11, 11 14 44 AM.png
    624.3 KB · Views: 739
Last edited:

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Does anyone know if there is an tweak to lower the notifications that show up on the lockscreen? I would like to lower them below the clock on my lockscreen theme (screenshot gives a good indication of what I mean).

I'd also be interested in a tweak like this. Ill be following this thread for sure.

Off topic, can you share that wallpaper OP? TIA!

Edit: I'm using a 4S and that looks to be an iPhone 5. Do you have that wallpaper for the 4S or know where I can get it? I would be forever grateful!

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
I'd also be interested in a tweak like this. Ill be following this thread for sure.

Off topic, can you share that wallpaper OP? TIA!

Edit: I'm using a 4S and that looks to be an iPhone 5. Do you have that wallpaper for the 4S or know where I can get it? I would be forever grateful!

It was actually originally for the 4/4s and I modified it for the 5. I've attached the original.

Attachments

• Colors 640x960.png
    Colors 640x960.png
    488.1 KB · Views: 295

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
It was actually originally for the 4/4s and I modified it for the 5. I've attached the original.

Oh man I owe you big time! I've wanted this for so long haha. Thank you!! If you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask.

Just out of curiosity, when you find wallpapers sized for the 4S but you want to use on your 5, how do you go about changing the size to fit the larger screen? I ask because when I find wallpapers for the iPhone 5 and I want to use them on the 4S, I just stretch them to fit the screen but I lose some of the image. This is a hack way to use iPhone 5 wallpapers. Any idea how I can make this process better and more efficient so I don't lose parts of the image?

Last edited:

ominx

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Moving notifications up or down is actually pretty easy. You just need to create a transparent png and name it BarLCD@2x~iphone.png with the required height for your wallpaper. The more vertical pixels the more it will push notifications down. For example a 1x1 will have notifications at the top while a 1x200 will push them down.

kenno69

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2011
England
You need to edit an image called "BarLCD@2x~iphone.png", the notifications set after the image, so for your example you need to increase the height of the file. The original file is located in "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/"
Alternatively you can copy this file and put it into your winterboard theme where your lockscreen theme is located. E.G - "theme/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI/BarLCD@2x~iphone.png"
Hope this helps.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
Moving notifications up or down is actually pretty easy. You just need to create a transparent png and name it BarLCD@2x~iphone.png with the required height for your wallpaper. The more vertical pixels the more it will push notifications down. For example a 1x1 will have notifications at the top while a 1x200 will push them down.

You need to edit an image called "BarLCD@2x~iphone.png", the notifications set after the image, so for your example you need to increase the height of the file. The original file is located in "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/"
Alternatively you can copy this file and put it into your winterboard theme where your lockscreen theme is located. E.G - "theme/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI/BarLCD@2x~iphone.png"
Hope this helps.

This should work.

http://www.reddit.com/r/iOSthemes/comments/19sar0/how_to_make_ls_notification_appear_here_in_ls/

Download the file in the 3rd post and follow the instructions.

Thanks everyone, the BarLCD@2x~iphone.png trick worked perfectly. Got them just where I want now.

Attachments

• Photo Mar 11, 7 34 42 PM.png
    Photo Mar 11, 7 34 42 PM.png
    677.4 KB · Views: 253

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
Too bad that fix doesn't work with LockInfo.

Thanks for the heads up, I was just about to install LockInfo to test that exact thing. Hopefully LI implements it somehow in the near future.

GBR

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2012
Similar to this, would anyone know which file needs to be altered to allow the bottom the notifications list on the LC to show lower? I pretty much nailed lowering the top of the notification list with the above info but would like to have more show at the bottom of the list.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I've been following this thread because I've had the same issue. Tried this out, but the PNG file didn't work for me. So, I poked around Google and found this. Turns out if you also have a slider theme, you need to modify that theme (posts #7 and #9), particularly if it's above any other themes in your Winterboard list. I have a slider theme that kills the entire slider (bar, slider, text). Putting the PNG file in the slider theme solved my problem.

Just in case someone is running into any difficulty when running more than one theme affecting the lock screen.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I've been following this thread because I've had the same issue. Tried this out, but the PNG file didn't work for me. So, I poked around Google and found this. Turns out if you also have a slider theme, you need to modify that theme (posts #7 and #9), particularly if it's above any other themes in your Winterboard list. I have a slider them that kills the entire slider (bar, slider, text). Putting the PNG file in the slider theme solved my problem.

Just in case someone is running into any difficulty when running more than one theme affecting the lock screen.

You don't happen to use LockInfo too do you?

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
You can also make them transparent with NoLockNotificationBG. ;)

Thanks, might try that out in the future. Atm I have a dark matte theme going so the semi transparent dark notifications work well for me. Gotta love options though!

Mafraz

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2014
Ajman
Does anyone know if there is a tweak to lower the notifications that show up on the lockscreen? I would like to lower them below the clock on my lockscreen theme (screenshot gives a good indication of what I mean).

45dn6zVa

Hi mate,

Can u let me know the lockscreen theme u used on this.
Specially "Slide to Unlock" looks cool to me.

Thanks in advance.

TrickKiste

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2014
What am I doing wrong???

I customized a screenlock theme for GroovyLock, but for some reason I just can't manage to get the notifications lower. I've tried everything that has been post in this thread (and aslo others). I created a transparent png (1 x 600) and saved it in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework as BarLCD@2x~iphone.png and in /var/stash/_.U1Gzdh/Themes/Soft Remix.theme/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI. Then I did a respring, but nothing happened/changed. The notifications were still in the same location.

I've tried literally everything... Does anyone maybe have an idea what I could do?

image.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.