Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xiudo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
SoCal
I have a X-Serv that is running 10.5.8 and not able to upgrade to a newer 10.x+ because of budget but i need flash to work. I get plugin cannot load when ever i attempt to use flashplayer.

Is there any work around?

Thanks

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
What about the 19 USD Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard DVD you can get at the Apple Online Store?

Being an Xserve, it's could be running Leopard Server. Snow Leopard Server is still expensive.

The other possibility (which frankly I think is more likely since I can't think of any reason to run Flash on a server) is that it's a PowerPC Xserve being used as a workstation, which of course would be limited to 10.5.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located
Being an Xserve, it's probably running Leopard Server. Snow Leopard Server is still expensive. The other possibility is that it's a PowerPC Xserve which of course is limited to 10.5.

Sorry, I seem to have remembered a thread, where something a long the lines of Snow Leopard Server being not as expensive anymore. But then again, I just checked the AOS and there is only the 19 USD version of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard available, even if you search for the Server edition. Probably gone now. Ah, Apple and their wonderful mysterious ways of leaving those bastards, that kept paying for their mistakes, in the dust.

And yes, I thought about it being a PowerPC based XServe too, man, those were some beautiful racks, pardon my fits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.