Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple tonight posted two new television spots for the iPhone on its YouTube page. The ads, entitled 'Brilliant' and 'Discover', highlight some of the more than 700,000 apps available on the App Store, using a variety of words to describe them.

Previous ads in the series include 'Alive', 'Together', and 'Hollywood', all for the iPad.

Apps shown in the ads include Gojee, Cards, Mike V: Skateboard Party, Starbucks, iBooks, MyScript Calculator, Philips Hue, GarageBand, Houzz, The Elements for iPhone 4, Apple Maps, Infinity Blade 2, Cleartune, Solar Walk, iPhoto, Yelp, and Shazam.

Article Link: Apple Extends New TV Ad Campaign to iPhone With 'Brilliant' and 'Discover' Spots

jmccray

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2008
Great apps

These are some great apps to show off for the phone. I really liked these.

theart666

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
Who needs 900,000 apps?

Seriously? I mean how many Clock apps are their? or fart apps, couldn't we just have a section for Good apps and the other 899,900 or so can go in a bad app sections which is locked and needs a special retarded shaped key to open.. ffs

brock2621

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
Kentucky
Speaker in "Discover?"

What is the speaker featured in the "DISCOVER" one? It's yellow woofer with chrome tweeter? I need one now!

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Honestly, between these and the Samsung commercials I love these better. These actually show you what you can do with the device versus the Samsung ads that just have people talking and you barely see the device at all...

I love these ads. And I compared them to Samsung because they are the competition and they are heavily being advertised.

bravo0123

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2012
Love apple, hate these

wow, these are shockingly irritating. makes me understand apples recent troubles. damn, they are wrecking this company.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.