Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
I thought factories take extra care not to scratch new products and they're packed tightly around protective foam for transit. So how do some units still get scratched, dented Etc

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
When you purchase eyeglasses they don't come scratched, so why should an iPhone or better yet a display on a MacBook.

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
Okay so I guess once a company gets to be a big producer, it's okay to degrade quality. Well, I guess so, McDonalds would be a great example of a company that produces a terrible product that people keep going back to buy.

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Okay so I guess once a company gets to be a big producer, it's okay to degrade quality. Well, I guess so, McDonalds would be a great example of a company that produces a terrible product that people keep going back to buy.

No body is perfects. You expect too much from a product that is assemblied by human and not android.

Last edited:

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
I thought factories take extra care not to scratch new products and they're packed tightly around protective foam for transit. So how do some units still get scratched, dented Etc

You should YouTube these factories and see for yourself.

bobfitz14

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
I hear and read news stories about it all the time. Kinda terrible if you asked me.

A significant portion of my friends at college have either an iPhone/iPod or both an iPhone/iPod and a Mac computer and I have never ever heard a story about a brand new product being scratched/dented/etc.

Of course, if it were to happen I'd expect a free replacement if the damage was bad enough.

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
A significant portion of my friends at college have either an iPhone/iPod or both an iPhone/iPod and a Mac computer and I have never ever heard a story about a brand new product being scratched/dented/etc.

Of course, if it were to happen I'd expect a free replacement if the damage was bad enough.

My quote was in response to this:

You should YouTube these factories and see for yourself.

I agree with what you are saying... For the prices, I expect nothing less than the best.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
I agree with what you are saying... For the prices, I expect nothing less than the best.

It's impossible for anything on the production line to be 100% perfect. Things get scratched after being used anyway.

I'm very fussy about the quality of my display - anything less than 99.9% perfect then I will ask for an exchange.

MuddyPaws1

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2012

I guess you didn't read any of the posts or se any of the pictures after the iP5 launch then.:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.