Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

audiokeeffe

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2010
I googled the problem but can't find solutions. I just did a software update and restarted my computer, and the battery was dying so I plugged it in. It's saying "not charging". I can still use the computer when it is plugged in, but as soon as I take it out, the computer shuts down!! I know it's probably from doing the update, because the battery has worked perfectly fine until then.

Battery Information:

Model Information:
Serial Number: W0032PJFNBWZA
Manufacturer: SMP
Device name: bq20z451
Pack Lot Code: 0000
PCB Lot Code: 0000
Firmware Version: 0201
Hardware Revision: 000a
Cell Revision: 0158
Charge Information:
Charge remaining (mAh): 0
Fully charged: No
Charging: No
Full charge capacity (mAh): 6149
Health Information:
Cycle count: 1087
Condition: Normal
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): 0
Voltage (mV): 9990

Don't say that my battery is past its sell by date, because I KNOW it only stopped working because of the software update. I updated "firmware", so could this be the cause? What can I do to fix this...

xShane

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2012
United States
I googled the problem but can't find solutions. I just did a software update and restarted my computer, and the battery was dying so I plugged it in. It's saying "not charging". I can still use the computer when it is plugged in, but as soon as I take it out, the computer shuts down!! I know it's probably from doing the update, because the battery has worked perfectly fine until then.

Battery Information:

Model Information:
Serial Number: W0032PJFNBWZA
Manufacturer: SMP
Device name: bq20z451
Pack Lot Code: 0000
PCB Lot Code: 0000
Firmware Version: 0201
Hardware Revision: 000a
Cell Revision: 0158
Charge Information:
Charge remaining (mAh): 0
Fully charged: No
Charging: No
Full charge capacity (mAh): 6149
Health Information:
Cycle count: 1087
Condition: Normal
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): 0
Voltage (mV): 9990

Don't say that my battery is past its sell by date, because I KNOW it only stopped working because of the software update. I updated "firmware", so could this be the cause? What can I do to fix this...

Try resetting the SMC and PRAM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.