Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LithePanther

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
It's a tweak that has issues.

Ex: During iOS 5 days, I had Copic installed (gives your contacts photos). It would re-spring every day, once a day. Removed it, and no resprings.

It's not a part of the jailbreak. It's a tweak that has some strange problem with some weird thing.

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2011
PA
Ever since I got rid of Auxo several weeks ago I have had no random resprings or safe mode encounters. Infact nothing has slowed down or effected battery life either. iPhone 5 has given me the best jailbreak experience ever :).

sagar4995

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Dubai, UAE
when in safe mode, all my apps come out of folders and its a pain putting them all back in again.
anyway around having to do this? or is this standard after each safe mode?

doubletap

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2009
Ashburn, VA
when in safe mode, all my apps come out of folders and its a pain putting them all back in again.

Odd.. when I go back into non-safe mode my apps are returned to where they should be. I never have to reorganize things.

dt

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Nothing random to it, either a single tweak or a combination of a few tweaks that don't go well together.

Zac7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2011

Pretty sure when you exit safe mode everything goes back to normal...never had this happen before.

SlickYagami

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2013
Right here
LivePapers was causing safe mode for me. So sad cause I really like it. Just be sure to figure out what cause your devices to boot into safe mode and remove it.

Skizzy

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2013
I've noticed quite a few people complaining about Auxo. I've never had a problem with it. Anyone else it works good for or did I just luck out lol?

kingdLo

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
I'm not having any safe mode crashes. As a matter of fact, I don't remember ever having a random crash to date with this new jailbreak.

One of your tweaks is causing this.

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
I rarely get those restarts into safe mode. It's sometimes annoying but it's not a hassle. I use Auxo because I'm a strong advocate of using gestures and I prefer to swipe to close an App over tapping.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
I never have random crashes. The only time I've had safe mode crashes has been when I installed an unstable tweak; uninstall that tweak, and they disappear.

As others have said, you have either a bad tweak or a combination of two or more incompatible tweaks. It's easy enough to trouble-shoot: just get crash reporter from Cydia and check your system log after a crash to see where the crash is occurring.

LithePanther

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
I never have random crashes. The only time I've had safe mode crashes has been when I installed an unstable tweak; uninstall that tweak, and they disappear.

As others have said, you have either a bad tweak or a combination of two or more incompatible tweaks. It's easy enough to trouble-shoot: just get crash reporter from Cydia and check your system log after a crash to see where the crash is occurring.

It didn't help me. I had to manually remove them until I found the one. Took me 2 weeks too since the crash happened about once a day

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
There is an easier way:

In SBsettings more/mobilesubstrate addons you can deselect all your tweaks without uninstall.

Turning them off in batches will help you find the culprit faster.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.