Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickmattiacci

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
Hi I am new to programming and looking for some help. I want to create a program to automatically choose a size and add a pair of shoes to the cart on nike.com. I am willing to do it myself; I just need to know what type of program I need to learn how to learn.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Do they have any APIs? If not, you're going to hack together some sort of script that'll break when they change the website layout.

larswik

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2006
If you know nothing about programming you need to start at the basics. But seriously ask yourself if you want to be a programmer or if you just want to make this app? If you just want this app then it is best to hire someone to make it for you. Programming will take a nice chuck of time from your life as you learn. I started learning a few years ago and have a couple apps in the app store. I did not want to make an app, I wanted to become a programmer.

I started here: http://www.amazon.com/Learn-Mac-For-iOS-Apress/dp/1430245336

But there are many good books too. For the first year I did not make 1 app or user interface with buttons and so on. I just learned the code and how it functions and worked with the console.

So if you just want to make this app, and want to program yourself, odds are you will fail and give up because you feel it is to hard. Start at the beginning, the basics not the middle.

my 2 cents.

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
What problem are you trying to solve. Describing that first will help narrow the responses considerably.

Read this: http://www.pitt.edu/~groups/probsolv.html

Your post sounds like step 7, but you don't know how to do it. If you start with step 1 here someone may be able to actually help work through the list of steps with you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.