Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Mar 12, 2013, 08:38 PM   #1
glocke12
Banned

Who are the Rush fans here?

The band, not the man...had some of ya fooled I bet...

Awesome band, getting back into them after a hiatus of not listening to them for over a decade...

Lets post our favorite Rush videos...here are some of mine.

Last edited by SandboxGeneral; Mar 12, 2013 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Added YouTube tags
glocke12 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:21 PM   #2
Gonzo3333
macrumors 6502a

May I suggest you rent or buy: Rush, Beyond the Lighted Stage on iTunes. It will make you love the band even more.

If you liked Beyond the Lighted Stage and are a fan of Iron Maiden, rent Flight 666 as well. The same guys that made the Rush documentary made the Iron Maiden one.

Last edited by Gonzo3333; Mar 12, 2013 at 11:29 PM.
Gonzo3333 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:06 AM   #3
firedept
macrumors Demi-God

Knew right away who you were talking about. Rush, one the best Canadian bands ever, if not the best. They are icons here. Started in 68. Geddy Lee actually lived around the corner from me in Toronto. Was not for long though as Rush became very famous in short order here in Canada. Have seen them 5 times in concert and never left disappointed. My understanding is that they are quite the phenomenon in the US now. Thanks for video clips. Enjoyed!
firedept is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:18 AM   #4
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Love the band, one of my favorites.
ucfgrad93 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 01:35 AM   #5
bradl
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedept View Post
Knew right away who you were talking about. Rush, one the best Canadian bands ever, if not the best. They are icons here. Started in 68. Geddy Lee actually lived around the corner from me in Toronto. Was not for long though as Rush became very famous in short order here in Canada. Have seen them 5 times in concert and never left disappointed. My understanding is that they are quite the phenomenon in the US now. Thanks for video clips. Enjoyed!
*ahem* Anvil *ahem*

Seriously, I never did get Rush, and what made them what they are, but after seeing that through 70s arena rock, Metal, Grunge, Shock rock, and metalcore, the very fact that these guys are still around and have a huge cult-like following made me want to listen to them. I'm not as big into them as a lot of other people, but those guys are good

About damn time they get into the RRHoF.

BL.
bradl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 01:49 AM   #6
steve knight
macrumors 65816

fav band and they are still going strong. wife loves them too. Intellectual rock at it's best.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 06:37 AM   #7
glocke12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradl View Post
*ahem* Anvil *ahem*

Seriously, I never did get Rush, and what made them what they are, but after seeing that through 70s arena rock, Metal, Grunge, Shock rock, and metalcore, the very fact that these guys are still around and have a huge cult-like following made me want to listen to them. I'm not as big into them as a lot of other people, but those guys are good

About damn time they get into the RRHoF.

BL.
You know, I was like that for the longest time...In high school (30 years ago), I ran with a crowd who were Rush FANATICS, I was into other music. Some songs I liked, some I didn't, and I eventually got sick of Rush and almost hated them due to how fanatical my peers were. They were always talking about them, listening to them, and our after school hangouts usually revolved around getting high and listening to the drummers in that group trying to play along to Rush albums...

It was only after I had been away from that group of people for a year or so that I eventually discovered how good they are...
glocke12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 07:31 AM   #8
decafjava
macrumors 6502a

Count me in as a long-time fan. First concert I saw was during their "Signals" tour when they stopped in Vancouver. Had the t-shirt for the longest time though it would not fit now.

Got back into them again with the release of their latest album "Clockwork Angels" which is their best of recent years IMHO.
decafjava is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 07:56 AM   #9
Mr. McMac
macrumors 68020

I love them. Being a bass player for 40 plus years myself, I really appreciate and love Geddy's style and sound. He's one of my favorites
Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:03 PM   #10
afireintonto
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to afireintonto
Nothing better than getting stoned and putting on my vinyl of 2112!
Old Mar 14, 2013, 01:53 AM   #11
joec1101
macrumors 6502

Count me in too - Loved them since I first heard them way back when!
joec1101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 09:38 PM   #12
4JNA
macrumors 68000

i'm in. got the first 17 studio albums, missing the last 3, guess that puts me on the 'fan' list.

one of the only bands (i like/follow) i've not seen live. just never had the dates/locations match up. shame really.

if i was on a desert island and could take only 1, i'd still pick 'Moving Pictures'. never gets old.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion