Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Mar 13, 2013, 07:26 PM   #1
ahhboi
macrumors regular

Very newbie questions

I just purchase an 21" iMac, and i'm just an average window user.
I had a hard time getting used to the mac os last night trying to figure out how it works. lol

Anyway, I got a few questions:

1) When I transfer my mp3 songs from windows to the mac itune, the chinese characters doesn't shows up, what should I do??

2) Not sure what i click, but the mac itune becomes fullscreen, what should I do to make it not fullscreen again??

3) What's the different between itunes and app store?? One for iphone the other for mac??

4) Do I download apps from app store to my mac just like iphone??

5) Is there any apps or whatever that is a must have?

6) Is there any accessories or whatever that I should purchase (I purchase the apple care)

Thanks in advance, and any advice is greatly appreciated for a Mac idiot like me~!
ahhboi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 08:53 PM   #2
rcanpolat
macrumors member

1) When I transfer my mp3 songs from windows to the mac itune, the chinese characters doesn't shows up, what should I do??

* Open "System Preferences" and click "Language & Text". Make sure you set this up for your country and preferences you prefer for your machine.

2) Not sure what i click, but the mac itune becomes fullscreen, what should I do to make it not fullscreen again??

* Try pressing the "ESC" button. If that doesn't work move the mouse to the top of the screen and the menus will appear. Click view and turn off full screen.

3) What's the different between itunes and app store?? One for iphone the other for mac??

iTunes is for holding and playing your music, movies and tv shows. You can also buy music, movies and tv shows in iTunes. There are 2 app stores. The app store on your mac is for applications (to purchase and free ones) The other app store is on iOS devices like iPhones and iPods (if you dont have an ipod or iphone dont worry about it)

4) Do I download apps from app store to my mac just like iphone??

Click the app and download it. It will install on your mac. Please note mac apps are not available on your iPhone.

5) Is there any apps or whatever that is a must have?

For me i must have Perian, VLC, Stuffit Expander, Chrome (google search for them)

6) Is there any accessories or whatever that I should purchase (I purchase the apple care)

Nope... unless you need something specific? If your mac does what you want it to do then you dont need anything else

Thanks in advance, and any advice is greatly appreciated for a Mac idiot like me~! [/QUOTE]
rcanpolat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 09:12 PM   #3
ahhboi
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcanpolat View Post
Nope... unless you need something specific? If your mac does what you want it to do then you dont need anything else
Thank you very very much~~!

Will try harder to get used to it.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:20 PM   #4
ahhboi
macrumors regular

Quote:

For me i must have Perian, VLC, Stuffit Expander, Chrome (google search for them
Hi, Sorry, I got one more question, When I sync my updated apps to my iphone, the updated app doesn't "update" my iphone app?
I had to manually goto itune>app> click the update button.
Is it suppose to be this way? Because on my old window itune, when I click Sync, it will auto update the app on my iphone.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 01:17 AM   #5
rcanpolat
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhboi View Post
Hi, Sorry, I got one more question, When I sync my updated apps to my iphone, the updated app doesn't "update" my iphone app?
I had to manually goto itune>app> click the update button.
Is it suppose to be this way? Because on my old window itune, when I click Sync, it will auto update the app on my iphone.
honestly i dont know because i dont own an iphone, i use an android.

maybe take a look at this page. it might help:

http://ipod.about.com/od/iphoneipodb...-auto-sync.htm
rcanpolat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 01:21 AM   #6
ahhboi
macrumors regular

Quote:
honestly i dont know because i dont own an iphone, i use an android.

maybe take a look at this page. it might help:

http://ipod.about.com/od/iphoneipodb...-auto-sync.htm
Nope, not this issue. But thanks for all the help anyways~~~!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help