Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 13, 2013, 09:11 PM   #1
chrismarle
macrumors Demi-God

Official Twitter app

So, Twitter for Windows 8 got released.

What the hell is going to happen with Twitter for Mac? The app doesn't even support the Notification Center, proper icon badges (for notifications), it looks/works like crap (doesn't even support twitter.com picture uploading).

And lately, I wasn't even able to use it.

Hopefully, Twitter will update the app and give us something decent to use.
chrismarle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:24 PM   #2
Mackilroy
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to Mackilroy
This blog post from the TweetDeck team explains pretty well how Twitter sees things, especially the third paragraph.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 05:29 PM   #3
evantoman
macrumors newbie

Twitter is built in to the OS with Mountain Lion. But yes, the link the guy above me posted is useful.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 07:15 PM   #4
jojoba
macrumors 65816

I'm using Tweetbot. Great app.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 07:22 PM   #5
evantoman
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoba View Post
I'm using Tweetbot. Great app.
I like the app but I don't like that it doesn't show new followers, retweets or favourites
evantoman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:46 PM   #6
Mackilroy
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to Mackilroy
Quote:
Originally Posted by evantoman View Post
Twitter is built in to the OS with Mountain Lion. But yes, the link the guy above me posted is useful.
Posting to Twitter is, yes, but not seeing other people's tweets, retweets, and so on. Notification Center just takes you to the Twitter site if someone messages/mentions you and you want to respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evantoman View Post
I like the app but I don't like that it doesn't show new followers, retweets or favourites
Almost no app outside of Twitter's own does, in my experience. I wish that weren't the case.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 08:44 AM   #7
Quotenfrau
macrumors 6502

I use Twitter like an RSS Reader. For me the official Twitter app is still the best client for OS X. On iOS Tweetbot is my favorite.
Quotenfrau is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store