Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events

Old Dec 11, 2002, 09:52 AM   #1
edesignuk
Moderator emeritus

Making the spammers pay

Quote:
Taken from wired.com article:
His plan calls for new phones and e-mail software that would require fees to accept incoming messages. The fee would be waived for welcome e-mail and calls, but collected for unsolicited spam and intrusive telemarketing calls.
Finally might we be able to open our inbox's without receiving a ton of crap? ...lets hope so!

Full story.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 02:58 PM   #2
medea
macrumors 68030

ah I dont think it will go through, how would you be able to differentiate between unsolicited spam and a email that just happens to be from someone you dont know yet like say I dont really know you edesignuk but if you asked a question on the board and I decided to send you an email about it should I have to pay just because Im not on your address book? plus you get lots a spam in your postal mailbox still and the companies have to pay for the postage right and yet they still send it, if it happens it may clear up a lot of completely pointless spam but the stuff from actual companies will never stop.
Solipsist's Creed:
Zero's company, one's a crowd.
medea is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events