Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robbieson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
I noticed a problem with the Date received column in the mac mail program. All dates shown are the 5th day of the month so for example, all email received in January have a date received of January 5th. If you look at the actual email, the correct date is shown (either in the split window or separate window). This is true in all the mailboxes except the Sent mailbox. I am running Snow Leopard (10.6.8) on an early 2011 Macbook pro 15".

I have read and tried several possible solutions posted elsewhere to no avail. I did recently buy a MacUpdate bundle and installed several of the programs including DevonThink Pro, Motion Composer, iStat Menus, Disk Aid, and Intego Internet Security 2013.

Has anyone experienced problems with any of these programs or experienced something similar with Mac Mail

Thanks
Robbieson

Robbieson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Thanks. Tried the hawkwings link but didn't work. Solved the problem. Somehow (always blame it on your pet) under Date and Time in System preferences the day unit got changed to text (in this case 5) instead of the actual day function. Go figure.

Robbieson

Augusta

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2009
Whoever is hosting your web site should be able to tell you what the mail server name should be mail.your domain.com or pop3.your domain.com or something else. No way we can know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.