Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:05 PM   #1
Schtibbie
macrumors regular

Bitrate same whether buying from phone or computer?

Maybe a dumb question, but.. Usually I either rip CDs to 256 AAC or I buy albums from itunes via my computer (obviously at 256 AAC) and then add them to my iphone when i sync, and without any down conversion. But tonight I bought an album from the itunes app on my phone. Does that also get me the album at 256? There's no way to look at bitrate on the phone. And when it gets done downloading each song, you can see it go into a "processing" mode on each track, and I can't tell what it's so busy doing. Hopefully not downconverting.
Schtibbie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:57 AM   #2
Destroysall
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schtibbie View Post
Maybe a dumb question, but.. Usually I either rip CDs to 256 AAC or I buy albums from itunes via my computer (obviously at 256 AAC) and then add them to my iphone when i sync, and without any down conversion. But tonight I bought an album from the itunes app on my phone. Does that also get me the album at 256? There's no way to look at bitrate on the phone. And when it gets done downloading each song, you can see it go into a "processing" mode on each track, and I can't tell what it's so busy doing. Hopefully not downconverting.
No matter what device is used for downloading, the Apple AAC format does not flex in bitrate. Just enjoy the music.
Destroysall is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio