Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
99%. Only the Amtrak app isn't updated, but they stated in the last update it's coming in the next one.

sauder

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2013
Let me check

The speed test app isn't updated
Cracked Reader isn't updated
Vocal live isn't updated.
Bunch of language learning apps isn't updated.

psac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2009
Yeah, a lot of good games aren't updated. Recently played through The World Ends With You, definitely one of the best games released so far on iOS (a DS port), but not iPhone 5 updated.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
I can already see that some apps will never be updated.

Seriously when most apps aren't updated before the newer phone is going to come out, Apple will definitely have fragmentation going on.

Not Apple's fault that devs are too lazy to update their apps. Fragmentation already exists in the app lines since people are still using every existing model of the phone.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
On my homescreen?
Calcbot

Other common apps off the top of my head
Speedtest
Lync/OneNote/SkyDrive
CardMunch
MPRMS for home DVR/security cameras
Google Authenticator

:'(

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
I think the only one is Tetris which is completely ridiculous for a company such as EA not to upgrade such a big name game. Disgusting

alexander25

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
apple should force these companies to release updates for the iPhone 5.

if you're submitting a new version of an app, it has to have iPhone 5 support.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
apple should force these companies to release updates for the iPhone 5.

if you're submitting a new version of an app, it has to have iPhone 5 support.

Apple is more concerned with using the # of apps in the app store as a marketing tactic.

And ticking off developers is in no one's best interest. I check to see if an app has been updated for the 5 before I downloaded it. If it isn't then I think twice about downloading it, if it's not by now it probably won't be, and quite possibly won't be receiving any other updates either.

To answer the OP... Most of the ones I use have been, just a few that haven't...

- Our local newspaper hasn't updated theirs, big shocker.

- I'm kind of surprised TUAW (which I rarely visit anymore) hasn't updated theirs. How can a site having to do with Apple news not be updated by now? They're not some rinky-dink blog, they're owned by AOL.

- Downloaded the NBC app yesterday, surprised to see it hadn't been updated.

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Skydrive, Vonage, Google Translate, MMA Fighting, MMA Junkie, Time magazine, Discovery News, Treehugger, All Things Digital, Alaska Airlines, Amtrak, American Greetings, bypost, Costco.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
Comcast TV Remote

Gasbuddy

AutoZone

Ootunes (majorly disappointed this isnt updated. Its a paid app, and very awesome too)

sauder

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2013
I'm not going to be paying for apps unless they have iPhone 5 support.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
When i see an app that hasn't been upgraded i wonder how i ever coped with the old screen, it seems tiny.

sauder

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2013
A couple of bank apps don't even have support for the 5. Which means you might as well have a 4S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.