Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jman995x

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
My wife's contacts on her iPhone went AWOL a couple of days ago.
I just tried to sync her phone and when I click on the "Sync Contact" radio button, the "Capacity" meter on the bottom of the iTunes window increases as if it going to put said contact on her phone. I click on the "Apply"/"Sync" button, it does it's barber-pole progress worm for about 10 seconds, then gives me the Apple sign in the iTunes window....however, there are no contacts on my wife's phone. I opened Address Book on her iMac and all of her contacts are there, so i'm confused as to why the Contacts are syncing. Furthermore, when I click on her "Favorites" on her iPhone, her six favorites are way over on the left-hand side of the screen (instead of centered).
I killed the app on her iPhone and retried it, same thing.
I rebooted the phone...no change.

Any ideas?

Unfortunately, the last time she synched her phone was 1 year and 3 days ago, so while she wants to get her contacts back, she doesn't want to lose all of her Notes, etc. that she's input since then.

I've been successful getting into my phone using Cyber Duck. However, in looking at her last backup, things are neatly categorized...instead there are a truckload of files with long gobble-di-gook names that don't make any sense. I can sort them by size (max is 799.7Mb), but that's about it.

Any ideas short of having to type all of the address back in?
Is there a way to SFTP the info from her Address Book (iMac) onto her iPhone?

Any help / recommendations would be great.

Thanks,

J.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.