Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gabri

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2011
I'm having a problem seeing my purchased Mac apps from the App Store.

I was using the Egyptian store when I was in Egypt but I moved to Dubai 6 months ago & switched to the UAE store, now when I click on Purchases Icon I can only see the Apps I bought from the UAE store only, how can I see all of the Purchases related to my account?

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
I assume you changed the country of your account ? If thats the case im pretty sure you lost the rights to previous purchases.

Gabri

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2011
I assume you changed the country of your account ? If thats the case im pretty sure you lost the rights to previous purchases.

WHAT?! Yes I did.

This will be completely stupid thing to be done by Apple, Purchases should be linked to the ID not the Store?!

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
WHAT?! Yes I did.

This will be completely stupid thing to be done by Apple, Purchases should be linked to the ID not the Store?!

Sadly thats the apple way :( ive seen people do some work arounds with success but i dont know about that, if you change the account back to egypt i think old apps will be displayed.

Gabri

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2011
Sadly thats the apple way :( ive seen people do some work arounds with success but i dont know about that, if you change the account back to egypt i think old apps will be displayed.

So now if I formatted my machine I'm screwed?! I have to buy the same apps again from the UAE store? this is BS!

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
So now if I formatted my machine I'm screwed?! I have to buy the same apps again from the UAE store? this is BS!

But why not change the account back to egypt ? Keep those apps and create a separate account for future purchases, i know it sounds terrible but atleast you wont have to pay for everything again.

Have a read here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2443094?start=0&tstart=0 maybe you can find a better solution, seems some people were able to do it.

Gabri

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2011

Gabri

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2011
For anyone else facing this problem:

If your App is in your current store "in my case UAE" you don't have to buy it again, although the button will say "buy" in the process of buying it you will be notified that you already own a copy of this App so it will be downloaded for free.

So apparently Apple stores what you purchased from other country stores but only shows what you bought from the current store. "until now I don't know how to see my Egyptian store purchased app history I hope it's not gone"

I hope someone will find this useful.

Personally I think what Apple did sucks.

Reactions: AppleP59

KurianOfBorg

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2013
For anyone else facing this problem:

If your App is in your current store "in my case UAE" you don't have to buy it again, although the button will say "buy" in the process of buying it you will be notified that you already own a copy of this App so it will be downloaded for free.

So apparently Apple stores what you purchased from other country stores but only shows what you bought from the current store. "until now I don't know how to see my Egyptian store purchased app history I hope it's not gone"

I hope someone will find this useful.

Personally I think what Apple did sucks.

Even after you do this, the apps don't show up in your purchase history. If you forget the names of the apps good luck finding them again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.