Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Mar 15, 2013, 03:47 PM   #1
Nevzorus
macrumors 6502

Is it okay to buy an iPhone 5 right now?

I want to buy an iPhone 5 and I have the iPhone 4 right now. Should I buy one now or next month or wait?
Nevzorus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 03:49 PM   #2
Sleepy01
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevzorus View Post
I want to buy an iPhone 5 and I have the iPhone 4 right now. Should I buy one now or next month or wait?
Buy one and give it to me. 16 gb.
Sleepy01 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 03:51 PM   #3
wxman2003
macrumors 65816

What do you use your iphone 4 now?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 03:55 PM   #4
Zwhaler
macrumors 603

If you buy one next month it will be the iPhone 5, not like they're coming out with the 5S before summer.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 03:58 PM   #5
luigismartphone
macrumors member

Quote:
If your iPhone 4 is still working good, just wait for the next iPhone
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:00 PM   #6
Italianblend
macrumors 65816

If I were you I would wait for the new phone which should come out by the fall. If you really can't stand your 4 however, buy the five, because two generations is a significant upgrade. You will probably be happy with it anyway.
Italianblend is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:24 PM   #7
Nevzorus
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italianblend View Post
If I were you I would wait for the new phone which should come out by the fall. If you really can't stand your 4 however, buy the five, because two generations is a significant upgrade. You will probably be happy with it anyway.
I really.. REALLY can't stand my iPhone 4. I hardly use apps like facebook, games, twitter, tumblr etc. anymore because it's so slow and annoying to use. I just a new phone now and since todays presentation by Samsung, I know it will most probably never be a galaxy.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:38 PM   #8
chrisrosemusic1
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to chrisrosemusic1
Quote:
I really.. REALLY can't stand my iPhone 4. I hardly use apps like facebook, games, twitter, tumblr etc. anymore because it's so slow and annoying to use. I just a new phone now and since todays presentation by Samsung, I know it will most probably never be a galaxy.
iPhone 5 is leagues apart compared to the 4S, let-a-lone the 4. You should go and do it - you'll easily be waiting 5-7 months for the 5S to come along and it won't be much of an update - certainly not the difference you'll see coming 2 generations like you would be now.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:43 PM   #9
Bahroo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
your mind will be blown if you get the iphone 5.. such a huge upgrade from the 4
Bahroo is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:44 PM   #10
Nevzorus
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrosemusic1 View Post
iPhone 5 is leagues apart compared to the 4S, let-a-lone the 4. You should go and do it - you'll easily be waiting 5-7 months for the 5S to come along and it won't be much of an update - certainly not the difference you'll see coming 2 generations like you would be now.
I love the iPhone 5! Most beautiful phone Apple has ever done yet. I don't know if I would have picked a white or black one. I love the white one a bit more. I get tired of black phones sometimes.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:49 PM   #11
siurpeeman
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to siurpeeman
buy it from the apple store. apple gives you 30 days to mull it over. if you don't like it, return it, and get the different color.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:50 PM   #12
chrisrosemusic1
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I love the iPhone 5! Most beautiful phone Apple has ever done yet. I don't know if I would have picked a white or black one. I love the white one a bit more. I get tired of black phones sometimes.
I've had both - the black chamfered edge scratches far too easily for me but now I have white and you get a small build up of dirt around the home button and edge which is nigh on impossible to remove. Can't win
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:55 PM   #13
Nevzorus
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by siurpeeman View Post
buy it from the apple store. apple gives you 30 days to mull it over. if you don't like it, return it, and get the different color.
I'm in Sweden so we don't have an official Apple Store. Actually, we have one but it's too far from me!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:56 PM   #14
parajba
macrumors regular

Just a quick question...I also have a 4 (which works quite well). Battery is still good too. Approaching 2 years and 4 months. Can somebody explain me (briefly) how the 5 is better than my current 4 apart from the larger screen? It's a honest question...I'm just wondering and very curious. My plan is to keep the 4 for another year or so.
parajba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:01 PM   #15
Nevzorus
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrosemusic1 View Post
I've had both - the black chamfered edge scratches far too easily for me but now I have white and you get a small build up of dirt around the home button and edge which is nigh on impossible to remove. Can't win
I have a white iPad and the homebutton is shiny white. I'm not that dirty I wash my hands if they're dirty because of food if I want to use my ipad.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by parajba View Post
Just a quick question...I also have a 4 (which works quite well). Battery is still good too. Approaching 2 years and 4 months. Can somebody explain me (briefly) how the 5 is better than my current 4 apart from the larger screen? It's a honest question...I'm just wondering and very curious. My plan is to keep the 4 for another year or so.
You are the one who decides if you think it's worth it. Not us. I think it's really worth it.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/iphone-4/specs.html

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:22 PM   #16
chrisrosemusic1
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
More responsive, better screen quality (IPS), faster loading times whilst browsing in Safari, gaming, loading movies, using the OS etc. Lightning dock is much quicker at transferring over the older pin connector. That's just a few things. The phone is also a lot lighter and slimmer than the 4.

----------

Quote:
I have a white iPad and the homebutton is shiny white. I'm not that dirty I wash my hands if they're dirty because of food if I want to use my ipad.[COLOR="#808080"]

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html
iPad yes - I have a white 3rd gen and it is spotless. The iPhone (mixed with my outdoor job, handling whilst drinking and eating, sweat at the gym etc) does not hold up so well to dirt unfortunately.

Last edited by chrisrosemusic1; Mar 15, 2013 at 05:22 PM. Reason: typo
chrisrosemusic1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:53 PM   #17
3GEE
macrumors regular

Quote:
My wife's 3G had pretty much worn out so she just got her 5 yesterday. I have the 4 so this was our first experience with a couple of upgrades.

The 5 is fantastic, we are blown away with the performance. Even though I am more than tempted to upgrade now, my 4 stills runs very well. I will likely wait for the next version but if my 4 was acting up I would jump at the 5.
3GEE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 06:15 PM   #18
ritmomundo
macrumors 68000

If you need to upgrade, go for it now. Getting the 5 after a month will only delay you getting a new phone, it wont save you any money. However, if you can wait, then wait for the next gen (5S or whatever) in a few months.
ritmomundo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 06:23 PM   #19
baypharm
macrumors 6502a

Not another one of these questions....
baypharm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 06:48 PM   #20
SpyderBite
macrumors 65816

I upgraded to the 5 today. I don't always need the latest and greatest. Somebody else on my plan wanted my 4s so I obliged. Otherwise I'd have been content with the 4s.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 06:59 PM   #21
Nevzorus
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by baypharm View Post
Not another one of these questions....
Not one of these comments......

Thanks everyone! I might just buy it next month.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 08:57 PM   #22
Cody21
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
If you can't stand your iPhone 4 anymore I would go ahead a pull the trigger on the iPhone 5, you won't regret it. The 5S will be an "S" update so it won't be much different.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:13 PM   #23
kenetic
macrumors regular

Don't buy the iPhone 5. Sell your iPhone 4 online. Get iPhone 3GS.
kenetic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2013, 03:42 AM   #24
luigismartphone
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenetic View Post
Lol -.-
Old Mar 16, 2013, 04:56 AM   #25
Italianblend
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenetic View Post
Why would you want him to get a 3GS?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone