Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cubytus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
Hello all,

Since this morning I am experiencing a weird issue with my iPhone 3GS. Using the standard, little square charger and the standard cable, I get said message.

However, using the same cable plugged in the MacBook Pro, the iPhone charges fine.

On the other hand, the charger and cable assembly can charge the iPad, albeit very slowly.

I read about this issue when people upgraded from iOS 4 to 5, and within 5 versions, but never with the 6.1.2 that is currently installed in both the iPhone and iPad.
I do t quite know where the problem lies. Has anyone a hint about this?

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Try plugging the ends in in different order. I have this occasionally with both my 4 and 5 with a certain car charger. Just try again.

Cubytus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
Just did. Whatever the order I plug every part in, the iPhone refuses to let it charge.
As well, the external battery that I am using for all USB-powered devices, definitely non-Apple, has no trouble charging the iPhone.

Last edited:

Cubytus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
Then, I made smithing quite similar, and plugged the iPhone t the pad charger, and had no issues. I used the same cable. But as soon as. Returned to the normal, cube charger, it refused to charge.

Any idea?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.