Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Mar 16, 2013, 02:03 AM   #1
amanda77
macrumors newbie

question about transferring ipad photos to Macbook

There's been a death in my family and my husband's computer just crashed.We need some photos for a slideshow.My iPad now is the only way that we still have these photos.I just got a Macbook and iTunes or Image Capture is only recognizing 12 photos on the camera roll.

Dropbox on my iPad isn't giving me the option to import them into that folder either.These are photos that were taken from various cameras and phones.I synced them from my husband's pc awhile back before it crashed.

I've never had this problem before.I would appreciate any help or advice.
amanda77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2013, 09:32 AM   #2
B.A.T
macrumors 6502

Are the photos backed up onto an iCloud account? If so, log onto that account with the Macbook and your photos should be in iPhoto once you turn on iCloud on that machine.
B.A.T is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:49 AM   #3
charlituna
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.A.T View Post
Are the photos backed up onto an iCloud account? If so, log onto that account with the Macbook and your photos should be in iPhoto once you turn on iCloud on that machine.
Synced materials aren't backed up by iCloud because the software assumes you can sync them again. And photo stream by default only looks at photos entering the camera roll and only after you turn it on

If you have access to a computer that can log into iCloud and use photo stream you might be able to share the photos over to photo stream and import them via they say. I've done it with photos I took before I remembered to turn on photo stream. But never with something synced over.

Otherwise you'll want to look into something like ifunbox and see if it can see the photos to copy them back to a computer
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:52 AM   #4
c14nhl
macrumors regular

I've been using this app exclusively when transferring images to and from my iPad/computer. Just make sure they are both on the same network.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/imag...588696602?mt=8

It's free and uses your computers browser.
c14nhl is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad