Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amanda77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
There's been a death in my family and my husband's computer just crashed.We need some photos for a slideshow.My iPad now is the only way that we still have these photos.I just got a Macbook and iTunes or Image Capture is only recognizing 12 photos on the camera roll.

Dropbox on my iPad isn't giving me the option to import them into that folder either.These are photos that were taken from various cameras and phones.I synced them from my husband's pc awhile back before it crashed.

I've never had this problem before.I would appreciate any help or advice.

B.A.T

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2009
Idaho
Are the photos backed up onto an iCloud account? If so, log onto that account with the Macbook and your photos should be in iPhoto once you turn on iCloud on that machine.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Are the photos backed up onto an iCloud account? If so, log onto that account with the Macbook and your photos should be in iPhoto once you turn on iCloud on that machine.

Synced materials aren't backed up by iCloud because the software assumes you can sync them again. And photo stream by default only looks at photos entering the camera roll and only after you turn it on

If you have access to a computer that can log into iCloud and use photo stream you might be able to share the photos over to photo stream and import them via they say. I've done it with photos I took before I remembered to turn on photo stream. But never with something synced over.

Otherwise you'll want to look into something like ifunbox and see if it can see the photos to copy them back to a computer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.