Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applegear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2013
I'm looking to replace a logic board on Dual 2.5GHz G5.
I wondered if anybody who had done this knew which specific part number that would be? Apparently there is an EEE code on board to identify, but will not be taking apart until I get part. Anyone know already?

PowerPCMacMan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2012
PowerPC land
Hi,

If its a Dual 2.5 liquid cooled G5 those parts are the same. The only thing is that if your PowerMac used a Panasonic LCS or a Delphi. I am hoping it used a Panasonic as those were the more reliable LCS for the 2.7 dual and 2.5 dual.

If you had originally a Delphi, then I am sure the Panasonic would be pin to pin compatible and that is what you should get. Logic Boards are the same though, unless Apple designated one with the Panasonic LCS with a different part number.

Otherwise, you should be fine.

I'm looking to replace a logic board on Dual 2.5GHz G5.
I wondered if anybody who had done this knew which specific part number that would be? Apparently there is an EEE code on board to identify, but will not be taking apart until I get part. Anyone know already?

drorpheus

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2010
EEE Code= RQQ

Part# 661-3334 also 661-3164
Apple PowerMac G5 Dual 2.5ghz (630 6694)

search ebay for Apple G5 or PowerMac G5 2.5 Logic Board and they should come up.

also... the EEE Code is on the logic board serial# sticker in between the two set of ram slots so you dont have to take anything apart to read yours. the EEE Code is the 3 letters before the last letter/# of the serial # on the board

for instance:
the serial sticker under the barcode reads

*J54460TURQQA* 630-6694 630T6690 CHINA MLB

the RQQ is the EEE Code.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.