Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Mar 17, 2013, 06:40 PM   #1
osx-addict
macrumors newbie

MLS Messaging + Text Messages?

Ok.. So I was using Mountain Lion Server (MLS) today in my efforts to migrate manually from Lion Server.. So, I'm plugging along doing stuff and all of a sudden a window pops up with what appears to be text messages and a conversation I feel like I'm eaves dropping in on..

Apparently all text messages from my wifes iPhone 3gs are being 'cc'd to my MLS machine behind her back and unbeknownst to me.. Is there some way to disable this behavior? Seems kinda odd and I didn't see any setting for it and I've not modified any settings on my wifes phone to do anything it wasn't already doing..

Any ideas on this??
osx-addict is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:31 PM   #2
phoenixsan
macrumors 65816

Seems to me....

some is messed up in your Messages or iMessages app. Not exactly your case, but I thougt this link can shed some light on your problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3909298

And this, for general setup:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5395

Hope that helps. And pardon me in advance if you feel I am misguiding you...

Old Mar 18, 2013, 01:07 AM   #3
osx-addict
macrumors newbie

Thanks.. I do have a single apple ID used for all of my 'idevices' -- back to the old original iPhone device.. I've NEVER seen this until I moved from Lion Server to MLS.. Now this odd behavior -- my wife's texts even show up on the iPad (WIFI only) that we have had for several years.. Go figure.. I'll have to look into things a bit further.. I guess I could shutoff push notifications on the receiving end but that seems a bit odd.. I'll post back if I find a solution..
osx-addict is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking