Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Mar 17, 2013, 08:35 PM   #1
TheGreatMuta
macrumors newbie

iMovie '09 - SUCH an easy question for someone...

Hi there,

my issue is with iMovie '09.

I've searched the forums as I feel sure this one must've been hammered to death, but I can't get anything concrete on it.

I'm making a terrible, clueless music video using lots of images, all with a blend transition inbetween them. Fine. (Awful, but fine).

I have SO MANY pictures that I've dropped into the top-left panel section already, and I now seemingly have the task of tweaking EVERY SINGLE ONE to remove the Ken Burns effect, deselect crop, and choose 'fit' for each picture.

Can ANYONE please tell me how I can simply apply the SAME 'fit' choice to every image in my tacky video montage in a very simple gesture?

This is beyond tedious otherwise. It just cannot be the case that the software requires you to do this.

Other than that... can I also ask one more thing? Perhaps even more unlikely...

Is there a way of picking The 'cross dissolve' transition and similarly applying that between every single image in a very simple and quick way, also?

I realise that someone making a video fo any sort should have patience, diligence and late-nights and strong coffee... but really, the quality and value of what I'm doing shouldn't require that.

Can anyone help a guy out or direct me somehwere where I can be enlightened?

Thank you so much in advance, and with absolute sincerity.

Hope to hear back soon
TheGreatMuta is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2013, 08:56 PM   #2
HobeSoundDarryl
macrumors 68040

If you are looking for quick & easy and you want to do what you want to do, use iPhoto instead. Make the slideshow in iPhoto, then export it: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2428?v...S&locale=en_US. import that file into iMovie (or GarageBand) and lay in the music track. Export the final to a video file (with sound).
HobeSoundDarryl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:06 PM   #3
TheGreatMuta
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobeSoundDarryl View Post
If you are looking for quick & easy and you want to do what you want to do, use iPhoto instead. Make the slideshow in iPhoto, then export it: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2428?v...S&locale=en_US. import that file into iMovie (or GarageBand) and lay in the music track. Export the final to a video file (with sound).

Hi Darryl. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely look into it for the future, I've pasted it into a text doc. for myself.

In the meantime, DELETE THREAD... OP is an idiot. He found his way there in the end on all questions raised.

Apologies, but nevertheless, thank you for any thoughts on the subject.

Cheers Darryl!
TheGreatMuta is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video