Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcorbin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
With all the new and inventive phones coming out do you think apple will be able to keep up? How many more years of the iPhone do we have ahead of us. I can't imagine not having the choice between android and apple.

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
Really? Another of these threads! There are already hundreds of the exact same threads available for you to coat-tail on. Many with new and improved voting/polling... :rolleyes:

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
With all the new and inventive phones coming out do you think apple will be able to keep up? How many more years of the iPhone do we have ahead of us. I can't imagine not having the choice between android and apple.

These "Do You Think Apple" questions are coming here way too often. How the heck does anyone know the answers to these, do you think questions ? Give it a break, and no, Apple and iphone will live on for ever.....I think :D

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
While Android may have some great offerings and some really cool features, iPhone has is a really solid experience and a phone with features that just work and work really well and that can never be replaced by any means.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
No...

But this question, and others like it should be on their way out...

How much is Samsung paying you OP?

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I don't see a ton of innovation in other smartphone platforms either. Despite the hype, the biggest features of the Galaxy S4 is the big screen and the fact that the device pauses a video if you look away. BB10 has some cool swiping gestures, but nothing game changing. The market has matured.

Axne1

macrumors member
May 17, 2012
St. Paul
I don't see a ton of innovation in other smartphone platforms either. Despite the hype, the biggest features of the Galaxy S4 is the big screen and the fact that the device pauses a video if you look away. BB10 has some cool swiping gestures, but nothing game changing. The market has matured.

I agree. Apple has made a great device, with the features "they" wanted to focus on. Look people no company will reinvent the wheel :)

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S are the top selling smartphones on the market right now. I'd say its not on its way out.

Also I don't see anything really innovative that the competition has offered unless you're one who believes a larger screen = innovation.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Really? Another of these threads! There are already hundreds of the exact same threads available for you to coat-tail on. Many with new and improved voting/polling... :rolleyes:

Agreed. There is no way that Apple is going to pull out of the smartphone market.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK

The iPhone will improve on its self, not on what others are doing. If people can't accept that then thats on them.

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
Hey, fellow iOS fans!!!!

Stop defending the staleness of the iPhone. We're starting to look like Crackberry forums back in 2009!!

The iPhone is stale man. Lets own up to it and demand something better vs defending it and allowing Apple die a slow death.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
The question you should ask is if Samsung is on its way out of the android market as Google keeps improving the Nexus line at a much lower cost. Perhaps that is why Samsung is betting its hope on the Tizen os.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
No i dont see Apple on its way out, far from it....although iOS 7 needss to be a hit for iPhone to stay around

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Yep. I heard the iPhone 5 is the last iPhone ever. Get one while you can.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
What a ridiculous thread. Why would it be on its way out? Where are the signs that you see that makes you think like this.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
iPhone has been behind in terms of raw features for a number of years now.

If Apple stood to lose customers due to having fewer features it would have happened long ago.

People like how iOS works. I don't think there's any real risk of Apple losing a significant amount of customers.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
The iPhone is stale man. Lets own up to it and demand something better vs defending it and allowing Apple die a slow death.

Or, you could just switch to the platform that you feel is eating Apple's lunch, since clearly they have something better in your opinion.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Hey, fellow iOS fans!!!!

Stop defending the staleness of the iPhone. We're starting to look like Crackberry forums back in 2009!!

I used the 1st iPhone and I now have the iPhone 5 (the 6th iPhone). If I had had every single iPhone I'm sure I would find it stale, just like I found Android stale after using five generations of it.

Not everyone is in the same position as you; some of us actually don't find it stale!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.