Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
Anyone know if there are brick and mortar stores that sell these (Lowes, Frye's, etc...) or do I have to order online?

Pentalobe

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2013
Calgary, Canada
Depends on where you live

Anyone know if there are brick and mortar stores that sell these (Lowes, Frye's, etc...) or do I have to order online?

I had the same problem trying to find a set. Naive me thought Apple Store would loan me the tool for a brief time. NOT a chance!

In Canada, Home Depot, Rona, Canadian Tire don't have it. A friend helped me and I lucked out to find the Calgary physical store to buy this http://www.princessauto.com/pal/product/8458432/Precision/32-pc-Precision-Screwdriver-Set which is exactly what I need.

If you don't have a princessauto or can wait, you can order the screwdriver set online from them or other places. Good luck.

Last edited:

stchman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I've never seen one in the stores, but I've not really searched for one to tell you the truth.

They can be had on ebay for < $4 FYI.

Pentalobe

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2013
Calgary, Canada
I've never seen one in the stores, but I've not really searched for one to tell you the truth.

They can be had on ebay for < $4 FYI.

Yes, they are not easy to find. And there are cheap deals to have online for sure BUT you have to wait.

So I counted myself as lucky that I found a local Calgary physical store has a set that has a good set with the infamous Pentalobe bits.

lewdvig

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
South Pole
I had the same problem trying to find a set. Naive me thought Apple Store would loan me the tool for a brief time. NOT a chance!

In Canada, Home Depot, Rona, Canadian Tire don't have it. A friend helped me and I lucked out to find the Calgary physical store to buy this http://www.princessauto.com/pal/product/8458432/Precision/32-pc-Precision-Screwdriver-Set which is exactly what I need.

If you don't have a princessauto or can wait, you can order the screwdriver set online from them or other places. Good luck.

I love Princess Auto.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.