Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soco7

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
So, I'm stumped here after installing Ayecon from Cydia. Is Ayecon an entire theme or is it just for themed icons?

I'm seeing various stuff in my Winterboard, like Ayecon iPod, Ayecon phone....what is all this?

I just want to change my icons....just....the...icons. This is unnecessarily stressing me out.
Help! Lol

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
So, I'm stumped here after installing Ayecon from Cydia. Is Ayecon an entire theme or is it just for themed icons?

I'm seeing various stuff in my Winterboard, like Ayecon iPod, Ayecon phone....what is all this?

I just want to change my icons....just....the...icons. This is unnecessarily stressing me out.
Help! Lol

It's an entire theme, but you can select what parts of that theme you can use. Just choose what you want to use and respring.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Ayecon is a beautiful theme- I can see why it's popular, I get that.

Yet, I prefer my theme to be ultra simple. "Less is more", so to speak.
It is why I like Laguna HD or even, "Newport" better.

No options to configure and thus figure out. Simply check the single (or, in the case of Laguna, two) Winterboard theme, reset and it loads the full theme.

Sometimes too many options, too many choices leads to confusion and thus chaos, for me.

Han Solo 1

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2013
Is there any easy way to import these themes without using Winterboard?

Winterboard kills my battery like it's angry at it.

soco7

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
Thanks for all the helpful replies; I'm still on the search for some way to change just my icons. Sometimes I like my phone to be pink and girly and there is a shortage (or so it seems), of cute icons.

Thanks again!

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
Ayecon is a beautiful theme- I can see why it's popular, I get that.

Yet, I prefer my theme to be ultra simple. "Less is more", so to speak.
It is why I like Laguna HD or even, "Newport" better.

No options to configure and thus figure out. Simply check the single (or, in the case of Laguna, two) Winterboard theme, reset and it loads the full theme.

Sometimes too many options, too many choices leads to confusion and thus chaos, for me.

no.

the more options you have, the more you can personalise you phone.

i dont use ayecon "background", for instance, because i think they really messed up on that "black jeans" theme. i use something else.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Thanks for all the helpful replies; I'm still on the search for some way to change just my icons. Sometimes I like my phone to be pink and girly and there is a shortage (or so it seems), of cute icons.

Thanks again!

I think you should get Jaku. The Ayecon theme is less supported with third party icons so you will struggle to find any news ones. Here is the Jaku third party icons site so you can have a look for yourself at what icons you can get.

http://jakurepo.com/mobitest/index.php?id=&q=&artist=

:)

soco7

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
@frenchjay THANKS!!!!!! :D
jaku is exactly what I've been looking for.
Now for putting these icons into place :p.....

I picked about 5 different icons and opened them in iFile; every one of them is a .png file. There are no 2x.png files.

How do I make these 5 a set (to start), and will eventually make more "sets" as I find icons that go together.

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
@frenchjay THANKS!!!!!! :D
jaku is exactly what I've been looking for.
Now for putting these icons into place :p.....

I picked about 5 different icons and opened them in iFile; every one of them is a .png file. There are no 2x.png files.

How do I make these 5 a set (to start), and will eventually make more "sets" as I find icons that go together.

Rename them to the icon you want to replace :)

I use iexplorer on my Mac to change up my icons ..much easier to see and rename things for me.

soco7

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
I tried just renaming them through iFile and then pasted that entire folder in "themes" to no avail...
None of my icons changed at all.

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Try turning your device off and then on. That usually works for me when they don't appear at first.

soco7

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
Okay, thanks....I will try that. So it's okay that it's just .png files and there are no .2x.png files? After doing research I read a lot of people mentioning .2x.png files, just don't know when those come into play...

So, that easy, just downloading the icons to iFile, clicking the name and simply renaming each icon and pasting them to the "themes" folder? Sounds easy enough!

Thanks for your reply : )

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Okay, thanks....I will try that. So it's okay that it's just .png files and there are no .2x.png files? After doing research I read a lot of people mentioning .2x.png files, just don't know when those come into play...

So, that easy, just downloading the icons to iFile, clicking the name and simply renaming each icon and pasting them to the "themes" folder? Sounds easy enough!

Thanks for your reply : )

From my limited use of changing icons I haven't personally come across any .2x.png...I have come across ones such as Icon@2x.png.

As long as you rename the icon exactly the same as the original and all those tend to be .png format, it should override that original.

Hope that helps a bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.