Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Won2won

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2013
Can anybody tell me if the duet 2 will enhance my beat. I understand what it does for your vocals and live instruments, but will the duet 2 enhance the beat by itself. I want to get the duet, but i would only use it for vocals with a good mic, but I want to focus on the sound quality of my beats. I have logic pro 9 and I know you can mix and master on logic but will the duet 2 add the quality of the beat is what I need to figure out? Thanx....

SimianSquared

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2012
It could be that he's asking whether it will improve the "quality" of sound picked up by a mic'd up drumkit running through it in the same way that it's specific tone and components have a positive effect on vocals passed through it.

The answer is; not enough to care. If it matters that much to you, you probably wouldn't be looking at consumer hardware. I would say that the Duet 2 is indeed very good from my (admittedly limited) time with it. I use a One myself and have good faith in the brand.

BigRed1

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2011
Yep, if he's talking about micing a kit, he's going to need more than two inputs. I think the absolute minimum is three, but Im a rank amateur and have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to recording live drums. It would help tO get more guidance from the OP about what he means, exactly.

spoonie1972

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2012
you can do a drumkit just fine with two inputs. however, how good your room sounds, mic position, pre's/comps etc do the job before it hits those inputs is paramount.

also, one can always submix several mics etc into a mixer before hitting a stereo pair. there's more than one way to skin a cat.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Can anybody tell me if the duet 2 will enhance my beat. I understand what it does for your vocals and live instruments, but will the duet 2 enhance the beat by itself. I want to get the duet, but i would only use it for vocals with a good mic, but I want to focus on the sound quality of my beats. I have logic pro 9 and I know you can mix and master on logic but will the duet 2 add the quality of the beat is what I need to figure out? Thanx....

I'd pass on the duet altogether unless you REALLY need the a tiny size interface that fits in a backpack or something. I don't like the one-knob interface.

If those "beats" are samples then the audio interface does not matter. Samples are already recorded. But if the "beats" are being recorded from a live drum kit them what matters is the mic, the room and mic placement and so on and lastly what brinf interface you have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.