<--[back] weird behaviour - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:42 AM   #1
needfx
macrumors 68000

<--[back] weird behaviour

to whom it may concern

I have noticed that both on a MBA-Safari & a W7-Chrome, different machines and different routers, on some instances when navigating to macrumors.com from any page, and then in an article, when pressing back, it takes me back 2 pages back instead of previous MR page.

that's all
needfx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:54 AM   #2
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Do you mean like this?

needfx's observed behavior: MR Buyer's Guide > MR Front Page > [click into any article] > [click browser back button] = MR Buyer's Guide

...versus...

Expected behavior: MR Buyer's Guide > MR Front Page > [click into any article] > [click browser back button] = MR Front Page

If so, the behavior you've observed doesn't happen to me. Clicking the back button from within an article after having navigated to that article from the MR Front Page simply takes me back to the Front Page (i.e. page I was previously viewing).

With all due respect, could you have accidentally pressed the back button twice?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 08:22 AM   #3
needfx
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2shyyou View Post
Do you mean like this?

needfx's observed behavior: MR Buyer's Guide > MR Front Page > [click into any article] > [click browser back button] = MR Buyer's Guide

...versus...

Expected behavior: MR Buyer's Guide > MR Front Page > [click into any article] > [click browser back button] = MR Front Page

If so, the behavior you've observed doesn't happen to me. Clicking the back button from within an article after having navigated to that article from the MR Front Page simply takes me back to the Front Page (i.e. page I was previously viewing).

With all due respect, could you have accidentally pressed the back button twice?
Hi,

example on MBA/Safari/back fingers gesture/yesterday, Monday, 18Mar13
New Tab-->Macrumors Mainpage-->Article--/back gesture-->New Tab

example on W7/Chrome/back button/today, Tuesday, 19Mar13
Facebook-->Macrumors Mainpage-->Article--/back button-->Facebook

Both machines at different geographical locations & on different routers

Will try to screen grab/video grab later today for evidence.

Cheers
needfx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 08:24 AM   #4
r.harris1
macrumors 6502

I don't see it on the OS X version of Safari, but I do see similar behavior on iOS (currently 6.1.x). If I am on the main page and select a forum link, sometimes (not all the time) I'll either not have a 'back' link or, if I have a 'back' link, it will take me to something I was on previously, such as google.com or some such (definitely just pressing once). So far, I've only noticed this on macrumors but will keep note on other sites.

My guess in my case would be a Safari bug as there are references to similar behavior in various other fora.
r.harris1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback