Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Steve Wozniak's former home has hit the market for $4.5 million. The 7,500 square foot 6 bed/6.5 bath house sits on 1.19 acres at the base of the Los Gatos mountains. It was originally built by Woz in 1986, but is no longer owned by him.

wozhouse.jpg
From the listing agent at Sotheby's:
This exquisite approx 7,500 sqft, 6-bedroom/6.5-bath home on 1.19 acres is nestled in the Los Gatos Mountains and combines post-modern style with majestic natural views. It is a natural abode for light and warmth. Recently re-designed and renovated, this home was originally built by Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Computer, Inc. and retains several of his most unique design elements.
wozkitchen.jpg
Outside there is a koi pond, a pool with a waterfall, and a wraparound terrace. The home, at 300 Santa Rosa Drive in Los Gatos, CA, is roughly a half hour drive from Apple's headquarters at 1 Infinite Loop.

Article Link: Los Gatos Home Built by Steve Wozniak in 1986 Hits Market for $4.5 Million

haravikk

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2005
I believe there are also 3/4 (.75) bathrooms - sink, toilet, and shower (not a tub)
How would you measure a house with 5 full bathrooms and 3 "half" bathrooms, it seems a confusing thing to try to boil into a single figure.

That said, if it is truly 6 full bathrooms and one half-bathroom, then… why? I can understand a luxury home having en-suite facilities and maybe the two or three biggest rooms having a full en-suite bathroom, but why six baths? What has the Woz been up to that requires everyone to be able to take a bath simultaneously?!

HarryKeogh

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Half a bath? How does the tub hold the water? Sounds like a bad idea to me.

Anyway, I was going to buy this house but I'm going to wait to see what Lee Byung-chull's listing looks like in a few months.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Beautiful home. I wonder what his current one looks like

I believe there are also 3/4 (.75) bathrooms - sink, toilet, and shower (not a tub)

That's just considered a full-bath.

A half-bath is usually located near the Foyer or Living Room, and it's mainly for casual guests. It's also called the "Powder Room".

Full Baths are located inside or near Bedrooms, and also near the Kitchen in very large houses, for the service personnel to use.

rembert

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2009
Amsterdam area, Netherlands
Out of curiosity I checked the sotheby home website. I'm a bit amazed about the building. We all know 'The Woz' as an easy going guy whith whom it would be interesting and nice to drink a beer with. This house doesn't fit with that image at all. Is that due to the fact the house recently got renovated and redesigned?

I definately wouldn't feel at home in that house the way it's decorated and furnished right now.

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
It should be used for an episode of House Hunters so that a 22 year old couple can come in and complain about everything. Wow, I love the stainless steel appliances, the master bedroom is too small, I don't want to clean all those bathrooms, this could be the home office, the granite is the wrong color, it is worth the extra 2.7 million over budget because there is room for the dogs to poop, there is enough room outside for a BBQ, but is the dining room big enough for our entertaining...

Those who watch that show will understand that 90% of the buyers need to spend time in living a hard life first, although the girls wearing their prom dresses can be entertaining.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Because many people come to MR while shopping for real estate.

Word-of-Mouth Real Estate

----------

Out of curiosity I checked the sotheby home website. I'm a bit amazed about the building. We all know 'The Woz' as an easy going guy whith whom it would be interesting and nice to drink a beer with. This house doesn't fit with that image at all. Is that due to the fact the house recently got renovated and redesigned?

I definately wouldn't feel at home in that house the way it's decorated and furnished right now.

It could be that it has been furnished for showing, so the photos you are looking at do not reflect Woz's lifestyle at all. It actually looks cold, missing the warmth home feeling.

Mr Fusion

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2007
Bay Area real estate is a joke. Families from China pooling cash together to buy a two bedroom condemned crackerbox of a house for millions, simply because it's a safe place to stash their money.

Woz's home at least looks like it is worth the $$$. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.