Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcburrows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Bristol
Hi

Purchased this printer some time ago, and have had issues from the start. There are no problems with printing from either my iPad or my iPhone. However when I try and print from my Mac it simply doesn't work. I have to change my Mac from the home network to another network, one that comes from the printer itself, 'HP-Print-05-Laser' I can then printer via wifi, but then have to switch back to the home network, for the internet etc.

Does anyone know how to sort this? I have gone into the hp wifi setup page, via USB and all of my network settings are correctly entered..... I am just lost with this.

bcburrows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Bristol
Solution.

For anyone who has had a similar problem, if it is of interest, this problem was resolved when I altered the setting using firefox. For some reason, for me at least, safari and the HP config settings just did not work. As soon as I altered my default browser to firefox, I managed to sort it immediately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.