Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Mar 20, 2013, 04:39 PM   #1
AirborneAngel
macrumors 6502

My Photos (What do y'all think?)

Link: http://cargocollective.com/timbradbury

I recently updated the site so it may have a couple of kinks!
AirborneAngel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2013, 07:11 PM   #2
Cheese&Apple
macrumors Demi-God

Without doubt...great images captured with a very obvious talent Tim. I'm sure the Daily Bruin is lucky to have you on board. I'm looking forward to seeing further development of your site.

Mind if I ask what gear you're using?

Peter

Last edited by Cheese&Apple; Mar 21, 2013 at 06:04 AM.
Cheese&Apple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2013, 03:23 AM   #3
dmax35
macrumors 6502

Very nice work.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 04:00 PM   #4
drangina
macrumors newbie

Very nice!!
drangina is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2013, 04:19 PM   #5
AirborneAngel
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese&Apple View Post
Without doubt...great images captured with a very obvious talent Tim. I'm sure the Daily Bruin is lucky to have you on board. I'm looking forward to seeing further development of your site.

Mind if I ask what gear you're using?

Peter
Thanks so much!

I'm currently using a Canon 1D Mark III and Canon 40D as my main bodies with a combination of 70-200 f/2.8L, 17-40 f/4L and a 50 f/1.8 lenses, pretty simple but gets the job done.

Last edited by AirborneAngel; Mar 21, 2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 05:59 PM   #6
Cheese&Apple
macrumors Demi-God

Simple is good Tim and quality is even better.

I would imagine that the Mark III and 70-200 2.8 combo is working very well for you in your shots. I have the Nikon 70-200 2.8...best photography purchase I've made.

Keep up the great work. You should post some of your shots in the Photo of the Day thread...there aren't many sport shots being posted there. If you have...sorry I missed them.

Cheers,
Peter
Cheese&Apple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2013, 09:41 PM   #7
phrehdd
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneAngel View Post
Thanks so much!

I'm currently using a Canon 1D Mark III and Canon 40D as my main bodies with a combination of 70-200 f/2.8L, 17-40 f/4L and a 50 f/1.8 lenses, pretty simple but gets the job done.
I like your work very much. I think your choice of lenses are excellent too. Are any of these images "enhanced" via Photoshop or similar? Btw, you might try for fun to convert to black and white and use a "Tri-X" type filter for grain as it would create a nice additional dimension to some of the images you have shown. - Again very very nice and you do yourself and the Daily Bruin proud.
phrehdd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:45 AM   #8
AirborneAngel
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrehdd View Post
I like your work very much. I think your choice of lenses are excellent too. Are any of these images "enhanced" via Photoshop or similar? Btw, you might try for fun to convert to black and white and use a "Tri-X" type filter for grain as it would create a nice additional dimension to some of the images you have shown. - Again very very nice and you do yourself and the Daily Bruin proud.
Thank you! None of these images are really enhanced - my editing process usually involves removing noise, slightly tweaking exposure/white balance, and pumping a slight amount of contrast into the photo if it requires it - other than that nope! (Gotta love the 1Dmk3 files)
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:47 AM   #9
Ice-Cube
macrumors 6502a

Looks like a nike ad
Old Mar 25, 2013, 09:29 AM   #10
Keleko
macrumors 68000

You should submit your images to The Grid when they do their monthly blind critique sessions. This month they had Dave Black as a guest reviewer, and he's very well known in the sports photography area. Look for The Grid on kelbymediagroup.com. It is a weekly free online photography show.
Keleko is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2013, 12:36 AM   #11
AirborneAngel
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Cube View Post
Looks like a nike ad
Funny cause UCLA is sponsored by Adidas

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keleko View Post
You should submit your images to The Grid when they do their monthly blind critique sessions. This month they had Dave Black as a guest reviewer, and he's very well known in the sports photography area. Look for The Grid on kelbymediagroup.com. It is a weekly free online photography show.
Thanks! I'll give it a look

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography