Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scott6666

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
I've gotten so ticked off at Samsung's under handed ways that now we are shopping for a new refrigerator I told my wife I refuse to consider a Samsung.

A year ago it would have been high on the list. Ditto on the new TV. Now, not on the list at all.

The downside of being a conglomerate. Get people cross with you and it can affect multiple product category.

Time to encourage all Apple fan boi's to boycott the other Samsung stuff.

Fight back!!!

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I've gotten so ticked off at Samsung's under handed ways that now we are shopping for a new refrigerator I told my wife I refuse to consider a Samsung.

A year ago it would have been high on the list. Ditto on the new TV. Now, not on the list at all.

The downside of being a conglomerate. Get people cross with you and it can affect multiple product category.

Fight back!!!

What are some of Samsung's "underhanded" ways that upset you? Why should I boycott them and what are we supposed to "fight back" against?

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013

Fight back!!!

What underhanded ways do you speak of?

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
The ads telling me how lame I was for wanting an iPhone t have made me think I won't be buying a Samsung for my next TV. Kinda doesn't help in the short run since I just bought a 46" two years ago.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
I see Samsung phones in the future communicating with everything from your phone to your tv, media players, refrigerator, to your laundry etc. Samsung could really be a part of everything around you.

FrancoisC

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2009
Montreal, Qc
A pity, they make really great tvs.

I probably would not buy a samsung phone, but I have no problems with anything else they make.

Krimsonmyst

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2012
The ads telling me how lame I was for wanting an iPhone t have made me think I won't be buying a Samsung for my next TV. Kinda doesn't help in the short run since I just bought a 46" two years ago.

So you take issue with Samsung marketing their products?

@ OP - this is the saddest post I've ever seen on here. Similarly to when people go on a rant about leaving apple devices, do you think Samsung really cares if you don't buy their fridge or TV?

Its actually your loss. I've never had a Samsung fridge, but they make some of the best TV's that you can get right now.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
You showed them!

Samsung makes some class leading TVs these days. I'm waiting for my Bravia to die, so I can upgrade to a Samsung smart TV :D

My parents have had a Samsung fridge for a while now. Working great. You're missing out.

FrancoisC

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2009
Montreal, Qc
Brand loyalty is rarely a good thing for the consumer.

Every company love it, of course, but in this case you are getting less choices of good products.

Last edited:

Nyy8

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2011
New England
Yeh let's all hold off on buying a world class LED Smart-TV from Samsung and wait for apple to make there "Apple TV".

You keep waiting....

Krimsonmyst

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2012
I just bought a series 9 smart TV not too long ago, and my god, it is the most beautiful, sharp, crisp, bezelless TV I've ever seen.

Watching Bluray on it is a treat for the eyes.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
If this underhanded move was pretty serious… and you were in China, you might have half the country boycotting your goods.

Just a few months ago, there was a boycott of the Japanese department stores and just about nobody went in.

Anyways I don't buy Korean goods unless I have to… Good thing because just about every other country makes good better.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009

Fight back!!!

Does this mean you don't use an iPhone since it has Samsung components?

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011

Fight back!!!

So sorry for your wife :( she must be a strong women to deal with such a no life person like you.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Ah yes, I remember my first HDTV. A crappy Samsung DLP that stopped working after 3 years. During that time under warranty the color wheel went out twice, the bulb twice. $5000 down the drain. Vowed never to buy anything with the Scamsung logo on it ever again.

FrancoisC

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2009
Montreal, Qc
Ah yes, I remember my first HDTV. A crappy Samsung DLP that stopped working after 3 years. During that time under warranty the color wheel went out twice, the bulb twice. $5000 down the drain. Vowed never to buy anything with the Scamsung logo on it ever again.

Every company will produce good and bad products, in your case you got a lemon.

It doesn't mean everything they make is bad.

If you had the same kind of trouble with an Apple product, what would you say? Would you do the same thing and never buy anything from them again, or just consider the reality that you probably just got a defective unit or got unlucky?

In my case, I won't let a negative experience with something stop me from using a particular brand.

Krimsonmyst

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2012

You should probably return all your apple products then, because they have several components with a Samsung logo on them...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.