Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gmureddu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2013
For my work I created a new user in my MacBook Pro 2010 v7.1 running OS X 10.8.3. I already have three users on this computer, my main session, and two for work puposes, one of them was created when originally bought the computer, bundled with Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and being updated as the new releases were made available; skipped 10.7 entirely, though.

Now the issue I have is with regard with "tap click", though it works, in my other sessions besides it being enabled for clicking, I also have it enabled for selection and drag, which is not the case for the new user, created recently briefly after the 10.8.3 update was installed.

Now my question is:

How can I force the behavior of the toucpad in the new session to match that of the two other sessions? In the touchpad dialog of the system preferences there I have pretty much set all settins identical in all three sessions, still no "tap click" selection works in this new session much less drag.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.