Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Mar 21, 2013, 09:43 PM   #1
KSKENE247
macrumors member

iPad 2 mirroring via HDMI

I am trying to mirror my iPad 2 to my 55" LCD.

From my understanding the iPad only allows a 4:3 aspect ratio where the TV has a 16:9

That is about as far as my understanding goes.

Are there any jailbroken apps that allow me to work around this? I'm just looking to utilize my TV to its potential.

Thanks.
KSKENE247 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:00 PM   #2
tystonge
macrumors newbie

I used to have a mini and I hooked it up to my tv through the way over priced $50 apple adapter. I had two different outcomes though.

1 whenever I played a movie that I downloaded from the App Store then it would display full screen from my mini. (I have a 51" HDTV)

2 if I was streaming from project free tv using the iswifter app then I would have a descent letterbox but it was still better than nothing.

Also once in a while I would have slight lag while streaming from project free tv but none when I was playing it from a movie I downloaded from iTunes.

My device wAnt rooted.
tystonge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:50 AM   #3
Eddieskis
macrumors newbie

I use the app displayout and it works really well. It stretches the screen in a correct way that doesn't look pixelated (up scaling perhaps). It's easy to adjust also. Works flawlessly with my ipad 2 and iPhone 4
Eddieskis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:31 AM   #4
Medic311
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddieskis View Post
I use the app displayout and it works really well. It stretches the screen in a correct way that doesn't look pixelated (up scaling perhaps). It's easy to adjust also. Works flawlessly with my ipad 2 and iPhone 4
i use that app too. might want to throw in that it requires jailbreaking though

really easy to do, but some are against it (for who knows why lol)
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad