Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KSKENE247

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I am trying to mirror my iPad 2 to my 55" LCD.

From my understanding the iPad only allows a 4:3 aspect ratio where the TV has a 16:9

That is about as far as my understanding goes.

Are there any jailbroken apps that allow me to work around this? I'm just looking to utilize my TV to its potential.

Thanks.

tystonge

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2013
I used to have a mini and I hooked it up to my tv through the way over priced $50 apple adapter. I had two different outcomes though.

1 whenever I played a movie that I downloaded from the App Store then it would display full screen from my mini. (I have a 51" HDTV)

2 if I was streaming from project free tv using the iswifter app then I would have a descent letterbox but it was still better than nothing.

Also once in a while I would have slight lag while streaming from project free tv but none when I was playing it from a movie I downloaded from iTunes.

My device wAnt rooted.

Eddieskis

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
I use the app displayout and it works really well. It stretches the screen in a correct way that doesn't look pixelated (up scaling perhaps). It's easy to adjust also. Works flawlessly with my ipad 2 and iPhone 4

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
I use the app displayout and it works really well. It stretches the screen in a correct way that doesn't look pixelated (up scaling perhaps). It's easy to adjust also. Works flawlessly with my ipad 2 and iPhone 4

i use that app too. might want to throw in that it requires jailbreaking though

really easy to do, but some are against it (for who knows why lol)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.