Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:18 PM   #1
BrooklynMike82
macrumors newbie

MMS not working on iPad 3

For the past three weeks I'm not able to send a MMS through iMessage anymore. I got the wifi only 32GB model.
BrooklynMike82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 08:56 AM   #2
simply stunning
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynMike82 View Post
For the past three weeks I'm not able to send a MMS through iMessage anymore. I got the wifi only 32GB model.
Has it worked before?

Do you have it set up to accept messages sent to both your number and your email?

What happens when you send a message from your iPad? Does it give an error message, or just not send?

Have you tried a hard rest? If this doesn't work, try turning off iMessage in setting, and then turning it back on. I think you might need to reenter your information when you do this, I cant remember though...
simply stunning is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:24 AM   #3
Medic311
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply stunning View Post
try turning off iMessage in setting, and then turning it back on. I think you might need to reenter your information when you do this, I cant remember though...
^ that always seems to fix the problem.

luckily it only happened a few times and that was last year
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 05:03 PM   #4
BrooklynMike82
macrumors newbie

Yeah it's always worked before. There's no error message, it goes through fine but the recipent never get's em. It's not just one person. it's everyone on my CT list. I don't have it setup with my number anymore ever since I got rid of my iPhone. I tried turning it on and off, removing my Apple ID and adding it again and still nothing. I tired uninstalling a bunch of tweaks and even tried BiteSMS to no avail. I guess the hard reset is my only option now.
BrooklynMike82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2013, 12:01 AM   #5
Medic311
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynMike82 View Post
Yeah it's always worked before. There's no error message, it goes through fine but the recipent never get's em. It's not just one person. it's everyone on my CT list. I don't have it setup with my number anymore ever since I got rid of my iPhone. I tried turning it on and off, removing my Apple ID and adding it again and still nothing. I tired uninstalling a bunch of tweaks and even tried BiteSMS to no avail. I guess the hard reset is my only option now.
i would wipe it clean and re-store via iCloud (not iTunes)
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:16 AM   #6
simply stunning
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic311 View Post
i would wipe it clean and re-store via iCloud (not iTunes)
Agreed with this. Give it a try. I also see the OP has poasted turning off "tweaks" I'm guessing you are jail broken? I had my phone jail broken for a while, and it messed with messages. I have no idea why, and or what it was messing with, but I cant have problems with my phone as it is also my work phone. So I ended up having to go back. Nothing to do with the topic, but maybe you can uninstall the jail break and see if it works, and then re jailbreak.
simply stunning is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad