Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stinja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Welcome to this weeks photo thread!

Theme: Beautiful Day

Spring is rapidly approaching. The weather is warming up, the days are getting longer, and the cold, dark times of winter are finally behind us. Let's see some shots showcasing the beauty that is Spring, and the beautiful days that come with it!

It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away.

Rules:
You may only submit one photo per contest.
Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.
The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread)
At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)
The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

milbournosphere

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
San Diego, CA
Tucson%2520Botanical%2520Gardens-5455-9.jpg

"Stand Out"

twitch31

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2013
We're 6 months ahead, or 6 months behind, in the southern hemisphere :p This was taken on 35mm film during our summer.

6868547405_62764903f4_z.jpg

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
It's Autumn here, so it's time to grab as much water as you can before it gets too cold. Taken the other week, this young boy was hilarious running away from the waves screaming.

_MG_1593_zps6033a0d9.jpg

Photoshopper

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
Idaho
Let's see some shots showcasing the beauty that is Spring, and the beautiful days that come with it!

Congrats & props for the five or six people who read this and submitted accordingly. Half of the entries don't deserve comment, except " inappropriate ".

AT06

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2012
Winwick, UK
Congrats & props for the five or six people who read this and submitted accordingly. Half of the entries don't deserve comment, except " inappropriate ".

It's the interpretation that counts. For instance I associate spring with flowers so I submitted a picture of a flower. All of the entries deserve comment, and that comment is one of praise - as each showcases what their respective poster associates with the brief, and each required effort to acheive.

Photoshopper

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
Idaho
It's the interpretation that counts. For instance I associate spring with flowers so I submitted a picture of a flower. All of the entries deserve comment, and that comment is one of praise - as each showcases what their respective poster associates with the brief, and each required effort to acheive.

Well said! :)

But then what is the point of suggesting guidelines for any contest if "anything goes"?
If someone says "post pictures of 'Fall' , and I submit a photo of daffodils because that's what it means to me...?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.