Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

martinchivers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2011
Bath, Somerset, UK
Is it at all possible to set up my mac, so that any & all software opens at its maximum size? (Height & width) In word, as an example there is a fixed border, but the panel over the top of it is fluid. I have a big monitor & want everything on it to be the full size that its capable of. The green maximise button often maximises the height, but if anything reduces the width & then I have to manually drag out the corners. Any help much appreciated.

martinchivers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2011
Bath, Somerset, UK
thanks...

It seams like this would have worked for me. I downloaded the software & tried to follow the instructions. I couldn't find a way to unzip the second software (maximiser) so it hasn't worked for me. Thanks anyway.

martinchivers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2011
Bath, Somerset, UK
thanks......!

downloaded that. So when opening, (a program) use cmd + E (which is what I set the program to)

Is there not something that sets everything, by default to maximum size? Thanks anyway...this certainly works better than the previous one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.