Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Praetorian®

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Czech Republic
Is there a VNC app or something, so I could securely connect fromy my iPad to my MacBook? By 'securely' I mean it won't be unlocked when I'm connected to it. I don't want anyone who is around my computer (e.g. at work) to see what I do on my computer or to have a full access to my Mac in general.

Is there an app that can blank the screen (and possibly lock local keyboard and mouse input)? I know for sure LogMeIn can't do this (when using Mac as a host). I've read that Screens app might have this feature but there's no official info about it.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Designed4Mac

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
I Wish I Knew
Is there a VNC app or something, so I could securely connect fromy my iPad to my MacBook? By 'securely' I mean it won't be unlocked when I'm connected to it. I don't want anyone who is around my computer (e.g. at work) to see what I do on my computer or to have a full access to my Mac in general.

Is there an app that can blank the screen (and possibly lock local keyboard and mouse input)? I know for sure LogMeIn can't do this (when using Mac as a host). I've read that Screens app might have this feature but there's no official info about it.

Thank you.

Why dont you just turn the monitor off while you away from it.

Works for me :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.